EZVIZ cameras suddenly won't connect to Blue Iris [SOLVED]

okestone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I have 5 cameras, (1 Hikvision,2 Dahua's, 2 EZVIZ's) setup on a home network with a network switch and Blue Iris. 4 cams are hardwired, 1 is Wifi. Everything was working well with Blue Iris until 3 days ago. The 2 EZVIZ cams, (1 wired, 1 Wifi), quit at the same time and I cannot for the life of me get them reconnected to BI. They both work as expected on the EZVIZ android app and EZVIZ Studio for PC. I have Googled my problem but haven't come up with a fix. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cgy-User

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently had the exact same problem, but only with one of my EZVIZ cameras.

after much googling I found a post, I’ll see if i can find it again, that had me download some software, although it wasn’t 100% clear to me why this fixed it. Shortly after I connected to the camera, with this software running on the same machine running blue iris, it all started to work again. I probably can uninstall the code, but I don't see any suspicious activity on my wireshark captures so I haven't rushed to uninstall.

Since I was happy it was working, I didnt think much of it. I’ll look back at my browser history and post the link here…

Cgy-User

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
From what I can find I must have used this link from the BlueIrisForum.

The program I installed was EZVIZ PC Studio.
You can download directly from EZVIZ

Now I don't recall making any changes to my camera at all. I logged into the EZVIZ PC studio, using the same credentials I use to login to my EZVIZ IPhone app, and then, once I found the cameras, I just started to just look at settings (no changes) and happened to notice that suddenly BlueIris was once again displaying the camera. This despite my many attempts prior to reboot the camera, compare settings with the one still working, etc...

So good luck, hope it works for you...

Cgy-User

n3wb
Reaction score
Just in case it's blueIris Version related, (I'm guessing not). I'm running BlueIris 5.5.1.20. With 7 cameras, 2 of which are EZVIZ, 2 are HikVision, 2 are JideTech, and 1 Dahua Camera. Not that that is important.... ;)

okestone

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to Hysh on another forum for this fix!

How to enable RTSP
Step 1: Ensure the camera and your phone are under the same network
Step 2: Open EZVIZ app, tap the profile icon on the top left > Settings > LAN Live View > Start Scanning
Step 3: Tap the camera you need to use, input the password, which usually is the 6-digit capital letters code on the white sticker of your camera

Step 4: Tap the gear-like icon on the top right > Local Server Settings > enable RTSP