Ezviz DB1 fails at 90% when configuring using the mobile app

Charlie57

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Ezviz DB1 (firmware v5.2.4 build 200904) which was working brilliantly until it lost connection with my TPLink AP, after deleting it from my phone I am now unable to reconnect it and it fails at 90% every time.

I contacted the Ezviz support but they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard, after doing everything they advised and sending them videos of what I did they told me the device is broken and I should go back to the reseller.

Is there anyway I can connect to the device via putty etc to see if there are any logs I can read.

I have also tried installing the Hikvision firmware but that also failed at 90%. Strange thing is I can view live stream on Ezviz Studio, it just refuses to connect to my phone, or any other phone come to that.

Many thanks in advance.

Charlie

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Ezviz DB1 (firmware v5.2.4 build 200904) which was working brilliantly until it lost connection with my TPLink AP, after deleting it from my phone I am now unable to reconnect it and it fails at 90% every time.

I contacted the Ezviz support but they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard, after doing everything they advised and sending them videos of what I did they told me the device is broken and I should go back to the reseller.

Is there anyway I can connect to the device via putty etc to see if there are any logs I can read.

I have also tried installing the Hikvision firmware but that also failed at 90%. Strange thing is I can view live stream on Ezviz Studio, it just refuses to connect to my phone, or any other phone come to that.

Many thanks in advance.

Charlie
Does your router or AP have QoS enabled?

oyvihen

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. It went offline after i made the big mistake of upgrading the firmware a couple of weeks ago. I tried rolling back the firmware to V5.2.4 build 191211, but nothing changed.

Daaaf

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. It went offline after i made the big mistake of upgrading the firmware a couple of weeks ago. I tried rolling back the firmware to V5.2.4 build 191211, but nothing changed.
Same issue here. Anyone got it working again?
I've been communicating with EZVIZ Support for months, but we keep going in circles.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, these cameras need to be able to access the internet when you initially set them up. Otherwise the mobile app will not connect to the doorbell and you can't set it up. Once they are setup, I would definitely suggest that you block the camera from internet access. For me, this means I cannot use the OEM mobile app (it eventually looses connection although not right away), but I don't really want to use it anyway because I use the BI mobile app.

Baba_oup

n3wb
Reaction score
After contacting the customer service, they gave me a tip that worked :
  • Use a phone A as Wifi access point (configured on 2,4 Ghz)
  • Connect a phone B to the wifi access point
  • Scan the camera's QR code with phone B and follow the procedure
It allows me to pass the 90% limit on network configuration