EZVIZ DB1 Questions

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I recently purchased an EZVIZ DB1 (HlKvision db2) for use as a doorbell camera. Aside from the price, which was pretty good, the main draw was that it is cross firmware and app compatible with the other companies that HlKvision OEM'd this device for.

I am curious as if there is any consensus whose firmware and app experiences (laview, nelly, RCA etc...) are the best for this device. Eventually i plan on linking it to Blue Iris when i build my surveillance system, but that's still a ways off at the moment. So far my experience has been mostly positive keeping everything with EZviz except with the PIR alerts. When the zone is set to 9 feet it notifies me whenever a car passes by (street is more then 30 feet away). When i set it to 5 feet i get notifications at night regarding passing cars, but i could do a little dance in front of the camera and nada.

Also another question. This morning i got 4 back to back notifications (each 1 min apart) regarding detection. but when checked the device was listed as offline. I went through the reset procedure but even holding the reset button for a full minute i was never able to get the notification light to flash. Other than pulling the device from the wiring and then hooking it back up does anyone know of another way to reset the device?

Any user experience would be appreciated.

Note: i originally posted this in the wrong section. i have sense deleted it under the dash cam and am posting it here. My apologies.

Attachments

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I recently purchased an EZVIZ DB1 (HlKvision db2) for use as a doorbell camera. Aside from the price, which was pretty good, the main draw was that it is cross firmware and app compatible with the other companies that HlKvision OEM'd this device for.

I am curious as if there is any consensus whose firmware and app experiences (laview, nelly, RCA etc...) are the best for this device. Eventually i plan on linking it to Blue Iris when i build my surveillance system, but that's still a ways off at the moment. So far my experience has been mostly positive keeping everything with EZviz except with the PIR alerts. When the zone is set to 9 feet it notifies me whenever a car passes by (street is more then 30 feet away). When i set it to 5 feet i get notifications at night regarding passing cars, but i could do a little dance in front of the camera and nada.

Also another question. This morning i got 4 back to back notifications (each 1 min apart) regarding detection. but when checked the device was listed as offline. I went through the reset procedure but even holding the reset button for a full minute i was never able to get the notification light to flash. Other than pulling the device from the wiring and then hooking it back up does anyone know of another way to reset the device?

Any user experience would be appreciated.

Note: i originally posted this in the wrong section. i have sense deleted it under the dash cam and am posting it here. My apologies.
I've experienced the same behavior with PIR sensitivity set at medium. Yesterday I set it to minimum. Too many cars and trucks going by in the street, you know? ;)
Other than pulling power from behind the doorbell, you could identify the circuit breaker that controls the doorbell power transformer, and turn that off briefly.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've experienced the same behavior with PIR sensitivity set at medium. Yesterday I set it to minimum. Too many cars and trucks going by in the street, you know? ;)
Other than pulling power from behind the doorbell, you could identify the circuit breaker that controls the doorbell power transformer, and turn that off briefly.
I did that but the lights on it remained making me think that the "power pack" installed in the chime may be acting as a battery. I Pulled the unit during my lunch break and the lights persisted still which means it has at least a small internal battery.
Thankfully after about 10-15 minutes the power inside it died and i was able to get it successfully reset.

IPCamo

n3wb
Reaction score
I did that but the lights on it remained making me think that the "power pack" installed in the chime may be acting as a battery. I Pulled the unit during my lunch break and the lights persisted still which means it has at least a small internal battery.
Thankfully after about 10-15 minutes the power inside it died and i was able to get it successfully reset.
Inside the main camera unit itself there is a battery. You'd have to remove 8 microscopic screws to get at the plug for it.

battplug.jpg

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Armed&Overclocked - Not sure you are aware, but there are pages of discussion for the EZVIZ DB1 and it's derivatives in the thread linked below.
I've been following the active discussion. It's an interesting product. Good luck!