EZVIZ db1 sucky night vision

H0va4life

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve sold my ring and eufy dbs and now installed the ezviz db1.
My night vision is awful, is my unit defective? See attached photos with the IR on and another with it off.

I never had this issue with ring/eufy dbs.

Attachments

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You might try asking in this thread:
New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Although the thread title mentions that RCA camera, it's the same camera as the EZVIZ DB1. It's a pretty active thread with a lot of owners helping each other out.

I just ordered this camera and it should arrive today, hoping to get it installed tonight.

Last edited:

H0va4life

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might try asking in this thread:
New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Although the thread title mentions that RCA camera, it's the same camera as the EZVIZ DB1. It's a pretty active thread with a lot of owners helping each other out.

I just ordered this camera and it should arrive today, hoping to get it installed tonight.
Thank you! I was thinking that and will add to that thread, but sometimes issues can get burried in a thread.

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The view without IR seems normal as in is what I would expect. The view with IR is the problem. Either your IR is too strong causing the camera not to be able to adjust due to the reflection on the left side, or you camera is indeed not adjusting at all.

H0va4life

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The view without IR seems normal as in is what I would expect. The view with IR is the problem. Either your IR is too strong causing the camera not to be able to adjust due to the reflection on the left side, or you camera is indeed not adjusting at all.
Exactly, the IR view is definitely the issue; my house is near a street light and plenty of neighbors have house lights on, so the non-IR photo has no issues. I included the non-IR photo to show a comparison.

The material to the light is a light colored brick, the reflection of the IR may be causing some issue but I am unsure. I will be playing around with this later on today.

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe try to tilt the camera away to the right to see if it is able to adjust. I don't think it is a defective camera. I think your particular setup, with the close proximity to the bricks and the large amount of reflection is causing its auto aperture/exposure adjustment to go out of whack.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Another solution is to get an external IR emitter if it isn't possible to aim the camera well enough to avoid IR reflections while still covering the area you want video for.

H0va4life

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All better now. I switched to the wedge in order to angle the DB away from the brick, now the NV looks like what I expect. Due to switching from the vertical wedge now my DB doesn't point down like it used to, maybe I can figure out to combine the two.

Attachments