Ezviz DB1 with Honeywell DW915S installation issues

KayTwo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought and installed the Ezviz doorbell along with my Honeywell DW915s chime. The doorbell itself works ok (until it looses internet connection) but it causes the chime to ring itself quite few times during the day. On some occasions, when it goes offline, no light is shown on the doorbell other than the IR lights on the lens - when this happens, the DB1 doesn't respond to the reset button so the only way to do it is to disconnect and reconnect the power source.

Multiple reboots of the doorbell result in the same issue.
Several contacts with Ezviz gave no result as they keep referring to the manual which only shows the mechanical chime setup.

To give you some details, the chime and the doorbell are connected to 12v output of the transformer.

The negative wire goes to AC1 via power kit's white wire. The positive wire from the power source goes to chime's AC2 port and from this port, it goes to the doorbell via the fuse. The black wire of the power kit goes to A1 port through to the doorbell.

As I'm totally useless when it comes to electrical circuits, I'm assuming that something is terribly wrong with my wiring. Does anyone have any experience with such setup?

Any help would be appreciated.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check out this thread. Go to page 101 for a great help file.

Reaction score
I have a similar problem installing a new EZVIZ DB1 with a new NuTone LA600WH electronic chime. According to the EZVIZ website, the NuTone chime is compatible with the DB1. I have tried installing the chime as per attached EZVIZ diagram. I have placed and wired all components on a table so as to clearly see that I have followed the instructions. I am using a transformer supplying 15V AC at 30VA on the secondary side for power.

The instructions for the Nutone Chime show that a diode must be installed across the chime bell press terminals for it to work properly however as I do not have a conventional bell press due to it being replaced by the DB1, I am not sure how to solve this problem and have omitted the diode. When the DB1 is pressed it half rings at the DB1 and later just a squelch at the Nutone Chime. The DB1 changes from a blue light to flashing red and sometimes the chime keeps on squelching a couple of times then stops and the DB1 light turns a solid red. This can be repeated several times by powering the unit off then on.

Unfortunately, EZVIZ support have not helped much at this point and as per KayTwo they don't look into the problem in detail but rather refer you to generic diagrams that are not specific enough for your setup.

I would be happy to hear from anyone who has had a DB1 work with a NuTone LA600WH electronic chime and how they wired it up.

Attachments

philadam

n3wb
Reaction score
Response from EzVIz:

Hello,

Sorry for taking you so long. We checked with our team, we don’t have a solution for this. You can return it to seller if still not working.

Thank you for being a valued customer
Best Regards,
Paul
EZVIZ Tech Team

swilsonj

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone get a solution for this? I have the same issue. I only order the NuTone LA600WH electronic chime because the EzViz website listed it as being compatible with the DB1 and all of the other digital chimes are unavailable at this time.

KayTwo

n3wb
Reaction score
So after a long email thread with ezviz support, they have sent me this diagram. Hope this helpsE7D988D7-2D71-400B-8A1A-065EEC8749C0.jpeg

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is the same diagram that is attached to the post above. I am using a wireless chime and don't want to have to run wires to it.

This is a limitation of your NuTone LA600WH wireless chime as it only works with NuTone wireless switch. If you want it to work with DB1, then you need to wire up the chime.

1636994286657.png

1636994469200.png