EZVIZ DB1C doorbell reboot issue

marvin.liu

n3wb
Oct 9, 2022
Edmonton
This is essentially a note for db1c owners: as it ages and endures extreme weather conditions, your doorbell may encounter issues.

I've had my db1c running for 2 years, but since last month, it started rebooting itself about every 2 minutes.

I bought a new db1c as a replacement and used it for troubleshooting, which confirmed the issue lies with the doorbell itself, not the transformer or anything else.

Upon opening the doorbell, it's evident the internal battery is swollen (I don't have a picture yet). Living in Edmonton, Canada, makes winters crucially cold.

Here's the battery link on Amazon for reference:
Amazon.ca

In case the link is dead, here are the battery specs:
  • DC 3.7V 300mAh 602025 Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery
  • 602025: 60 denotes a thickness of 6mm, and 2025 signifies dimensions of 20mm x 25mm
Aliexpress sells the battery in a 5pc lot for the same price, but shipping may take 2 months due to restrictions on shipping lithium polymer batteries via air. Here's the link for reference:

I also tried using the doorbell without the battery, and everything worked—video monitor, RTSP streaming, etc.—except for the ring and chime function.

It appears this battery primarily drives the chime and speaker. Without it, pushing the ring button causes the doorbell to die, and the chime won't sound.

Thanks for reading, sorry I don't have pictures but it is farely straightforward.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
This is essentially a note for db1c owners: as it ages and endures extreme weather conditions, your doorbell may encounter issues.

I've had my db1c running for 2 years, but since last month, it started rebooting itself about every 2 minutes.

I bought a new db1c as a replacement and used it for troubleshooting, which confirmed the issue lies with the doorbell itself, not the transformer or anything else.

Upon opening the doorbell, it's evident the internal battery is swollen (I don't have a picture yet). Living in Edmonton, Canada, makes winters crucially cold.

Here's the battery link on Amazon for reference:
Amazon.ca

In case the link is dead, here are the battery specs:
  • DC 3.7V 300mAh 602025 Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery
  • 602025: 60 denotes a thickness of 6mm, and 2025 signifies dimensions of 20mm x 25mm
Aliexpress sells the battery in a 5pc lot for the same price, but shipping may take 2 months due to restrictions on shipping lithium polymer batteries via air. Here's the link for reference:

I also tried using the doorbell without the battery, and everything worked—video monitor, RTSP streaming, etc.—except for the ring and chime function.

It appears this battery primarily drives the chime and speaker. Without it, pushing the ring button causes the doorbell to die, and the chime won't sound.

Thanks for reading, sorry I don't have pictures but it is farely straightforward.
Thanks for this info, I cross posted your post to:

To help others...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: observant1