Review: EZVIZ DB1C

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: David L
Does anyone know how to downgrade the Ezviz app on Android, as the latest update broke key functionality (it will no longer pop up the app over my lock screen on my Galaxy A54)

Does anyone know how to downgrade the Ezviz app on Android, as the latest update broke key functionality (it will no longer pop up the app over my lock screen on my Galaxy A54)

I don't know anything about these sites or how safe, I would research before you use the APK. Also I am guessing you will need to set your phone to allow other Apps other than from Google Play Store.

HTH

For anyone needing a Battery replacement:

My DB1C finally stopped working with Blue Iris (v5.6.2.3) yesterday. It dropped off the network. which is not unusual, but this time when I reconnected it there was no RTSP stream. I eventually did a reset of the doorbell (and removing it from the app), but when I try to follow the procedure to enable RTSP in the Ezviz app (Profile, Select LAN Live View, Scan, Settings..) the scan finds the camera but the app just hangs when I try to access the Settings screen to enable RTSP.
I'm using v6.4.5.0812 of the Ezviz app, and v5.3.0 device version 240617 of the DB1C.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas for recovering the RTSP stream?

My DB1C finally stopped working with Blue Iris (v5.6.2.3) yesterday. It dropped off the network. which is not unusual, but this time when I reconnected it there was no RTSP stream. I eventually did a reset of the doorbell (and removing it from the app), but when I try to follow the procedure to enable RTSP in the Ezviz app (Profile, Select LAN Live View, Scan, Settings..) the scan finds the camera but the app just hangs when I try to access the Settings screen to enable RTSP.
I'm using v6.4.5.0812 of the Ezviz app, and v5.3.0 device version 240617 of the DB1C.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas for recovering the RTSP stream?
Are you able to connect to it via Batch Config. Tool???

Yes - this is what I see under "modify network" - RTSP appears to be enabled, but BI is not connecting to it.
Batch_Configuration_wYTtfE7nXE.png
These are the BI settings that were working before:
bi_config.png

I also can't stream from this URL in VLC:

rtsp:/admin:mypassword@192.168.1.94:554/h264_stream
Did a search here for RTSP, I remember some having a similar issue as you are going through:

T
Did a search here for RTSP, I remember some having a similar issue as you are going through:

Thanks for the pointers. I already had Ezviz Studio installed, so tried disabling and re-enabling UPnP. Sadly it didn't help.
;0(

• Sad
T

Thanks for the pointers. I already had Ezviz Studio installed, so tried disabling and re-enabling UPnP. Sadly it didn't help.
;0(
UPnP is dangerous on a network, I would leave it disabled on your router.

Reactions: pete_c
My mainstream and substream appear to be the same quality in VLC. Any idea why?

Screenshot 2024-10-03 120553.png
They are configured differently in EZVIZ studio.

MAIN Stream:
MAIN.png

SUB Stream:

SUB.png

Any theories why this is happening or how i can fix it?