Ezviz operation failed (245416)

Kaiyne

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been having problems with my ezviz app not playing the recorded clips on the SD cards (no cloud). The an error "Operation failed, failed to play device.(245416)" The only clue google gave me was this seems to be a hikvision issue. And my troubleshooting lead me to believe it's an app issue.

I have 2 cameras, DB1C and C3N. Both experienced this error at the exact same time.
Live view works like it should.
I reformatted the the sd cards, no change.
I removed/reset/re-added the cameras to the ezviz app, no change.
I reinstalled the ezviz app, no change.
Both are streaming flawlessly to Blue Iris.

I personally don't care if they don't work, I've been using the BI app and that's all I need. Unfortunately, the wife likes the ease of the ezviz app and wants to use that instead of BI app, therefore I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. Also, it's the principle of the matter. Their app should work period.

I had emailed them today about it, but got an instant administrator returned mailer saying their mailbox is full lol! I'm thinking I'm not the only one with issues lol!

Anybody else getting this error?
IMG_0933.PNG

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Kaiyne
I just got the same error about a half hour ago. I am in exactly the same scenario as your are with the same error code, recording to Sd card (no cloud) ; recording to BI, with the wife using the app for piece of mind. I googled the code which sent me here. After reading you comments, out of curiosity, I scrolled back to see when the problem started and found a couple strange things.
On 7/9 00:22:20 it started recording continuously until 23:39 that night! The next night, from 2:40AM - 11:03PM. Next night, about 19 hours continuous. Here's the strange thing. After I quickly scrolled through all of those recordings and finally got back to today's recordings, I could view everything, the error code is no longer there!
So no error code as of now, but why did it record about 60 hours of video (maybe an invisible spider crawling over the sensor). BTW, I have my sensor set for 5ft, but constantly get triggers from cars about 25ft away. Had to turn off the alert function for sanity sake.