EZVIZ RTSP stream disappeared?(c6cn,c1c)

Reaction score
so i have a bunch of ezviz cameras i been using perfectly fine with ispy, as of 2-3 days ago they were updated and now only 3 of them have a working rtsp stream. i contacted ezviz and they just told me "not all of our cameras support rtsp" lol I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue since the update? the 4 cameras that work are using firmware 5.3.2 230219 and 5.3.2 230326, the other cameras that arent working are using one of those 2 firmware versions as well which is weird to me. 230219 is on the c1c and 230326 is on the c6cn. and I have 3 other c6cn on the same firmware that arent finding a rtsp stream, I have 2 other c1c on the 230219 that also arent finding an rtsp stream

any suggestions?

i have deleted the cameras and set them up again via the app as well as reset them via the hardware reset button and still have the problems

also I'm posting generally as I couldn't find a specific ezviz area to post

fix found: the firmware update disabled rtsp on random cameras, you have to enable it

how to get there:
open ezviz app - click profile (top left) - click settings - click lan live view - click start searching - if device doesn't show up add its IP and login info and it should hopefully show up now - once device is in list click on device - then click top right settings gear - click local service settings - enable rtsp - click save - voila it works

Last edited:

csilvest

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @TheTripleDeuce! I was about to toss my EZVIZ CS-CV246 in the trash after it stopped working after a recent firmware update (now v5.3.2 build 230326). I knew about having to turn on RTSP, but it's no longer in the place it used to be. Curse you, EZVIZ devs that move this stuff around.

Now if I could figure out how to make PTZ work again from iSpy... it works from the EZVIZ app, but nothing I try in iSpy works. Any suggestions?

Since you saved my camera from the trash, I feel I owe you. Got a "Buy Me a Coffee" link? :) :D

Reaction score
Thanks @TheTripleDeuce! I was about to toss my EZVIZ CS-CV246 in the trash after it stopped working after a recent firmware update (now v5.3.2 build 230326). I knew about having to turn on RTSP, but it's no longer in the place it used to be. Curse you, EZVIZ devs that move this stuff around.

Now if I could figure out how to make PTZ work again from iSpy... it works from the EZVIZ app, but nothing I try in iSpy works. Any suggestions?

Since you saved my camera from the trash, I feel I owe you. Got a "Buy Me a Coffee" link? :) :D
If I remember correctly you have to use a different stream url in ispy for PTZ to work. I haven't tried ispy PTZ cause I just use the ezviz app itself, I may play around with some spare cameras in a bit see if I can figure it out though.

Yeah I had my Amazon cart full of other cameras to replace ezviz. So I feel ya with them moving things around. Worst part was some had RTSP on by default and some had it off lol

Use the coffee cash for a beer, cause I know if your anything like me ya almost pulled all your hair out haha

dimadusk

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe this will help someone to get rtsp on some models or get access to firmwre there is a way to connect to ezviz cam directly using it's AP, that works even if camera deleted from account:
  1. Remove canera from Ezviz App
  2. Reset camera
  3. When you ll hear promt "connect to wifi using Ezviz application" go to wi-fi settigs on your phone (but better on pc for Advanced menu in pc app), choose Wi-Fi ssid: EZVIZ_YourCamSerialNumber and password should be EZVIZ_YourVerificationCode .
  4. Then you go to Ezviz App on PC connect to camera's AP (PC must have other internet connecting parallel to Ezviz AP in order to open Ezviz App), search for local network cameras
    Note if nothing's found and you are connected to EZviz AP you need to chane your ipv4 ip address for wi-fi adapter and gateway with dns to 192.168.8. is because canera is using 192.168.8.1 by default.
  5. Find your cam in local lan and change settings. Save, Restart, add camera with mobile app, Done. Hope it helps.
This is useful if camera no longer has Advanced settings mode in pc app while connected to Wi-Fi or if camera doesnt ping and not detected in LAN Live View.