Ezviz smart wireless chime suddenly no longer chiming (with DB1C doorbell)

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought an Ezviz wireless smart chime 2 months ago, and paired it with my Ezviz DB1C smart video doorbell. Up until now they have been working fine together, but a couple of days ago the smart chime stopped responding when the DB1C doorbell was pressed. I still get alerts on my phone, but the chime does not ring on the wireless chime. There is a solid blue LED on the front of the chime, which usually indicates that it is functioning correctly. I haven't changed any of the settings in the app since they were set up.

I have tried power cycling both the chime and the doorbell, but it hasn’t helped.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Any idea why it might be happening, and how to fix it?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We wish the Chime was available in the U.S.

Question; does the Chime work as the Access Point for the DB1C? I saw a video where the Chime connected to the Router as an AP while the DB1C connected to the Chime and not the Router. I thought this was a great idea since many have had WiFi weak signal issues with the DB1C which this could help resolve as a sort of repeater scenario.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can factory reset the doorbell by taking off its front cover and holding the reset button for 10 seconds. Then set it up again from scratch. That is the only way I know to set or change the doorbell type, and I suspect it would get your chime working again.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can factory reset the doorbell by taking off its front cover and holding the reset button for 10 seconds. Then set it up again from scratch. That is the only way I know to set or change the doorbell type, and I suspect it would get your chime working again.
Thanks yes a reset got it working again. Not a great solution but it worked. What's annoying is that re-connecting the DB1C to the chime disconnected it from the main wifi network, so the DB1C RTSP stream became inaccessible from the LAN. It took me a while to work out that I needed to go back into the settings for the chime to reconnect the doorbell to the wifi network.