F250 Hits my poles

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Double throwback, remember this?

And this?

Well, today we have a followup. Of course they just left, and the police can't give me their insurance information because its out of state. Hopefully they show up again. If nothing else, it scuffed their truck good and I'll reset the post

1690590961524.jpeg

1690590965484.jpeg

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That meter is poorly placed. Not excusing people driving in the lawn, but I've not seen a worse placed meter before.

I'll post my video from a couple days ago when the directional drilling company caused my sidewalk to heave 1/2" upwards causing a lip to my driveway that wasn't there before.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lol. Still no excuse. My Superduty predates back up cameras, but has these primitive devices called “mirrors,” that, if used, would show the imminent collision.:)
I mean for Shit's sake, they only need to go back a few feet to be able to get going forward and leave. What's with all the uneccesary backing? ffs.
Mirrors? The hell you say....
I drove boom trucks and bucket trucks with zero visibility out the back for over 31 years, in tight places, at night and all kinds of weather.
I'd do a walk-around, even when I had a helper, before I'd move them an inch...the rule was if you couldn't see you didn't move.
I still practice backing up using nothing but side mirrors and rarely use my backup cam, only when hitching up a trailer (which has its own chapter when it comes to knowing how to back up safely and properly). :cool:

Reaction score
I drove boom trucks and bucket trucks with zero visibility out the back for over 31 years, in tight places, at night and all kinds of weather.
I'd do a walk-around, even when I had a helper, before I'd move them an inch...the rule was if you couldn't see you didn't move.
I still practice backing up using nothing but side mirrors and rarely use my backup cam, only when hitching up a trailer (which has its own chapter when it comes to knowing how to back up safely and properly). :cool:
I thought the same thing, no reason to back up that far. Today's drivers are clueless.