Face detection IPC HDW 5442 TM-AS

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Just got an new Dahua NVR that supports facedetection. I got it installed and it works, but the Dahua IPC HDW 5442 cam only alows a picture of my face when it detects me.

Also got a IPC HDW T5442T-ZE and that cam shows my age, gender, expression etc.

Any idea how I can solve this??

And how can i make a database in my NVR?
I got the 5208 without POE power supply.

Thanks!.

Greetz,

Remon

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Already done that, it works on both camera's, only the ZE model show's more data, such as age, gender, face expression etc

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Already done that, it works on both camera's, only the ZE model show's more data, such as age, gender, face expression etc
Now I understand.

Check the Face Detection settings on the camera's GUI. There should be a check box for 'Attributes'. If it's set to Quick Snap, the attributes check box won't be visible. I believe it needs to be set to 'Quality Snap' or 'Optimized Snap'.

Look at the settings on the ZE model and then set it for the same on the new camera.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The ZE model got a extra menu to select face mask, glasses etc.
The 5442 TM doesn't have this extra menu, maybe it is in a newer firmware?

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
The ZE model got a extra menu to select face mask, glasses etc.
The 5442 TM doesn't have this extra menu, maybe it is in a newer firmware?
The TM may not support attributes. Personally, I've found attributes to often be wrong (identifies a 5 year old girl as a middle-aged male, etc) so I don't use them. Mine are set for 'Quick Snap' to get the most faces possible.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, and how can you store it in a database?
Do you need a separate storage?
From the AI -> Face Detection tab, I backup anything I want to keep by checking the box and using the 'Backup' button at the top of the screen. Backs it up to the USB drive.

There may be an option to retain it, but I prefer freeing storage on my NVR by backing up to an external drive.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the AI -> Face Detection tab, I backup anything I want to keep by checking the box and using the 'Backup' button at the top of the screen. Backs it up to the USB drive.

There may be an option to retain it, but I prefer freeing storage on my NVR by backing up to an external drive.
Thanks!, I’ll try it with an usb stick.