Face Detection

hank rizzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I have a question, Maybe someone may have an answer to get face detection to work.

here is what I have. ltn8932-p16 NVR with cmip7863w-sz camera.

I have set up intrusion detection, and face detection on both the nvr and the camera. Checked Dual VCA on both NVR and Camera.
I was not seeing the green square boxes on the live view screen, I was reading on the forum here that I needed to put a checkmark to enable rules in the Local Configuration tab.

I now see the green boxes on the live view when passing by the camera, but when I check the alarm logs, I do not see any face detection alarms, and the NVR is not collecting pictures.

On the web GUI when I click VCA, I get an error "No VCA device available"
I can click VCA on the NVR, But I can not set up any rules,

any tips would be greatly appreciated.

hank rizzo

n3wb
Reaction score
I received word back from my sales rep, she said "We are sorry it looks like it was a manufacturer fault, for now we don't have the face detection. we are sorry"

What bunch of malarkey!

hank rizzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Update, I inserted an sdcard into the camera, make sure there is a region set up, by default there was a region on my camera already it was region 1. Enable in Events, Smarts Events
"Enable Face Detection & Enable Dynamic Analysis for Face Detection" and Linkage Method, enable Upload to FTP/Memory Card" Go to Storage, Schedule Settings, Capture Parameters, enable "Enable Timing Snapshot and Enable Event-Triggered Snapshot"

Then I walked in front of camera a few times.
In the camera I searched in "System, Maintenance, Logs, Alarms, and Face detection. and there were alarms. So I searched in the Picture tab. and there were snap shots, I am not sure how to relay this information to the NVR, It would seem like a pain to login into every camera to review the face detection photos.

I am not sure how to set up the Smart Event Arming Schedules. I am using a 16gig sdcard, does it record constantly like the NVR?

The sdcard is new and formats, when I check sdcard the next day is says error. Does the sdcard rewrite over the data or do I have to format sdcard every day?

Last edited:

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update, I inserted an sdcard into the camera, make sure there is a region set up, by default there was a region on my camera already it was region 1. Enable in Events, Smarts Events
"Enable Face Detection & Enable Dynamic Analysis for Face Detection" and Linkage Method, enable Upload to FTP/Memory Card" Go to Storage, Schedule Settings, Capture Parameters, enable "Enable Timing Snapshot and Enable Event-Triggered Snapshot"

Then I walked in front of camera a few times.
In the camera I searched in "System, Maintenance, Logs, Alarms, and Face detection. and there were alarms. So I searched in the Picture tab. and there were snap shots, I am not sure how to relay this information to the NVR, It would seem like a pain to login into every camera to review the face detection photos.

I am not sure how to set up the Smart Event Arming Schedules. I am using a 16gig sdcard, does it record constantly like the NVR?

The sdcard is new and formats, when I check sdcard the next day is says error. Does the sdcard rewrite over the data or do I have to format sdcard every day?
most of the time. face detection don't work. I wouldn't waste my time on this. unless you buy the high end model.