Factory reset Dahua NVR4204-P-4KS2, help...

xxl66

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

i just bought this NVR, got it configured and working with my pano cam. Next I was fiddling in the settings and changed the screen resolution. Apparently too high. Unfortunally my screen got black and stayed that way...
I was able to succesfully factory reset the NVR using the config tool connecting it straight to my PC. However this does not solve my problem, my monitor still gives me the message the input signal is not supported!
Inside i can't find any reset button to try and reset it this way.
Who know's how to solve this problem?

thank you!

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

i just bought this NVR, got it configured and working with my pano cam. Next I was fiddling in the settings and changed the screen resolution. Apparently too high. Unfortunally my screen got black and stayed that way...
I was able to succesfully factory reset the NVR using the config tool connecting it straight to my PC. However this does not solve my problem, my monitor still gives me the message the input signal is not supported!
Inside i can't find any reset button to try and reset it this way.
Who know's how to solve this problem?

thank you!
You changed screen resolution on the NVR or TV/display? I don’t even remember seeing that setting. Where is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxl66

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed it on the NVR. It's there somewhere on the second page.
i managed to fix it connecting the NVR straight on the PC and use the web interface, changed the res back down again.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
i managed to fix it connecting the NVR straight on the PC and use the web interface, changed the res back down again.
That is the only way to get at those settings once you set your output device out of range of your monitor. Glad you got it figgured

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a pic of one of the older NVR's I have but its pretty much the same across the board with Dahua Gear.

res.JPG

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is a pic of one of the older NVR's I have but its pretty much the same across the board with Dahua Gear.

View attachment 55003
Thanks, I did find it on the second page of v4 firmware. Do you know what “image enhance” does?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I did find it on the second page of v4 firmware. Do you know what “image enhance” does?

Not too much, its a digital enhancer so I just kept it checked. You would have thought a Factory reset would make it like you just pulled it out of the box without that issue.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not too much, its a digital enhancer so I just kept it checked. You would have thought a Factory reset would make it like you just pulled it out of the box without that issue.
It should have but I would have gone straight to the browser after that. In any case all’s good.