Factory reset for Dahua NVR3208-8P NVR

Reaction score
As I mentioned in a separate thread today, I have this NVR operational in my house, from our house purchase. We don't have the password though.

I have done some research but can't find anywhere that describes how to factory reset this device. I've also opened it but can't see any buttons that might be a reset option.

Anyone have any idea on how I can factory reset this?

Thank you.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
What happens if you turn it on, attach a monitor to it, and try to login. You might (depending on the firmware) be prompted to "reset the password".

Second path is through Dahua's Toolbox (more specifically ConfigTool) which can also "password recovery", again depending on the firmware.

Read the following doc: https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/uploads/soft/20181120/Initialization_and_password_reset_for_networking_cameras_V1_EN_20171109.pdf

PS. Configtool can also factory reset, but might require the admin password for that, not tested myself

Reaction score
What happens if you turn it on, attach a monitor to it, and try to login. You might (depending on the firmware) be prompted to "reset the password".

Second path is through Dahua's Toolbox (more specifically ConfigTool) which can also "password recovery", again depending on the firmware.

Read the following doc: https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/uploads/soft/20181120/Initialization_and_password_reset_for_networking_cameras_V1_EN_20171109.pdf

PS. Configtool can also factory reset, but might require the admin password for that, not tested myself
No option to reset via the front end but I will give the Toolbox a shot when I get home. Thank you.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
That system is quite dated, I do not think Dahua was putting reset switches on the board. Look closely, you might find a reset pin holes, basically like using a paperclip to short the 2 holes, also if it has a battery, you can try pulling it out and see what happens.