Factory Reset?

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've bought 6 Dahua rebranded cams during the last 3 weeks.
So far I have already returned four of them. Some had problems that were not worth trying to mitigate.
However, I now have an Empire Dahua Starlight I would like to fix.
I ran it on the config tool to change Ip but was unable to do so.
It currently has 192.168.1.108:37777 and it does not allow changing that.
I encountered the same on another smaller Dahua rebrand and gave up by returning it for credit.

Should I try a reset on the camera switch?
I have never done this before.

Is this done while plugged into POE, or while unplugged?
Has anyone else overcome this :37777 problem?
If you have, is it worth while the trouble and what is the procedure?

By the way: I have the Mac: id number.
It is on a small silver tag which was only readable after I photographed it and then enlarged it.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is just a port number.

These are great cameras, but does require a little bit of networking knowledge or ability to try and learn it; otherwise, you are going to just keep getting frustrated and buying and returning cameras that is not going to change the fact it is "user error".

Here is how to factory reset it:
  1. Unplug camera.
  2. Press and hold in reset button and while holding it in apply power and keep it held in until you hear the IR filter click 3 times. This is ideal. If you can't get to it, then do 3 factory resets.
  3. Open up the camera in Internet Explorer (not Chrome or Edge with IE tab).

Most of us don't use the config tool cause it seems to cause more problems than it is worth.

Here is how most of us get the cameras to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1666664560176.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

These are great cameras, but does require a little bit of networking knowledge or ability to try and learn it; otherwise, you are going to just keep getting frustrated and buying and returning cameras that is not going to change the fact it is "user error".

1. Unplug camera.
  2. Press and hold in reset button and while holding it in apply power and keep it held in until you hear the IR filter click 3 times. This is ideal. If you can't get to it, then do 3 factory resets.

Most of us don't use the config tool cause it seems to cause more problems than it is worth.

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1666664560176.png

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

Thank you very much,
I appreciate the entire procedure.
I had recently tried to use INTERNET EXPLORER to change parameters on some of my other cameras just as I have in the past but another Microsoft browser opened up.
As a matter of fact I tried it several times and came across a site that said that it was no longer available.
Then I tried a lot of other browsers and was able to find 'Pale Moon'.
That one worked.
Do you have a way to still run IE ?
I would prefer that because 'Pale Moon' was extremely slow and cumbersome.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Windows likes to sneak Edge in. I had turned off all updates so I still have access to Explorer.

You could try deleting Edge (if it lets you) and then go to search bar at the bottom left and type in Internet Explorer and see if it allows it to work.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

1. Unplug camera.

1666664560176.png

Trouble,
I can't do a reset, because the reset button is frozen. I had this before on old rebranded Dahua cameras.
I guess I'll have to just send it back to Amazon; unless of course this could be done without getting rid of the :37777.
Can it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh no - I guess it is frozen pushed out instead of stuck pushed in?

If you type in 192.168.1.108:37777 in a web browser are you able to get into the camera?

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

If you type in 192.168.1.108:37777 in a web browser are you able to get into the camera?

No, can't

Thanks for the help.
I have 2 other ones packed and ready to take to the UPS store.
I might Empire direct on this board. Maybe he has a special for Thanksgiving.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, he has Thanksgiving specials! See the PDF's across the bottom of the first post

Edit: There is a raffle taking place also... details also in the PDF's