Failed to find network host

Antpdrake

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have 2 comfast 5ghz WiFi multi point to point bridges connected to my dahua poe ports, 1 of which has no issues what so ever, the connected cameras never drop out.

The 2nd though was dropping out randomly usually every few days, after a reboot of the nvr it comes back online, also after It drops out I get the failed to find network host error and at this point a ping test to the access point fails.

I replaced the access point with another one the same to See what happens and now it works for about a week before dropping out...

Has anyone got any ideas what's wrong?

Both access points are set up the same and everything has static ip's...

Thanks.

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
probarly overheating. Due to the constant stream of data, those extenders aren't up to the task.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most likely a cable issue.
Did you properly waterproof all connections outdoors.
Did you use Di-electric grease on the RJ45 connections outdoors?
Did you use solid copper ethernet cable that is at least a 24awg wire size, and not copper clad aluminum?

Antpdrake

n3wb
Reaction score
aadje93 - yeah maybe, i didnt consider this, the ap that works without a problem is a more expensive model than the one that is dropping out, maybe it has a bit more power...

looney2ns - there is no connections that can get wet, i used Dahua cat 6 cable, it says the conductor size is 0.53mm