"failed to get the upgrade status" error

GregTR

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased some cameras and they came with 5.3.0 build 151016

I'm tying o upgrade to 5.3.6 from the USA website and every time I try to upgrade via the camera web page I get the error that says "failed to get the upgrade status" and the camera does not upgrade. I also tried to upgrade from the i4200 program to no avail. Any reason why this upgrade is not working? Currently my camera has a lot of European languages so I suspect it's not a US version but I assumed it would be.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
check the serial number on the cameras, if it includes "CH" , you can not use US firmware

GregTR

n3wb
Reaction score
My serial is a CCWR not a CH. It looks like the 5.3.6 FW is not for my camera. I have a DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 ad it seems to be running European firmware. I was trying to change it over to US firmware to no avail. Is there any benefit running it with US firmware? The latest US firmware at the moment is v5.3.1_150410 so it is actually older than the Euro fw that is on it right now.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Came with version 5.3.0 ? I don't think there is that version for 2T42WD cameras. Are you sure camera is that model. Run SADP and check.

Ignore US/Euro version difference for now. That's Hikvision just being silly buggers as usual.

GregTR

n3wb
Reaction score
The plot thickens. I have ordered a 2T42WD and assumed I received one from Amazon. However looking at the configuration page it is obvious that I have received a 2T32 instead. I guess this one is going back to Amazon as it's not what I have ordered. I got home late last night and didn't really have time to double check anything. I'll have to investigate all of this further tonight when I get home. I have ordered 4 of these cameras and 2 came yesterday from one supplier of Amazon while 2 others are arriving today from another supplier. I can only hope that the other two will be the correct ones as this one is no bueno.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong. The T versions is China serial. Only. I got 2. Both China. But hacked firmware

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good cameras though

GregTR

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you talking about the 4MP version or any "T" version? The 2T32 I got is certainly a Euro version with an Euro serial. If the 4MP version is China only then I don't want it. I'd like to keep the firmware upgradeable without hacks.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aa my mistake. Yes could be English. I got Chinese with H. 265 =)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
3T45 and 2T45 are Chinese.

2T42FWD is Western Region / English / US

Can't believe I nailed that being a wrong model!