FBI: Delivery drivers involved in Amazon theft ring

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Should have known, sales of pawn have gone out of fashion since the advent of the internet. ;)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
We had a case here in the UK of a Royal Mail worker stealing thousands of pounds of goods but for some reason he stashed most of the items in his house. This person also stole cash from birthdays cards, the police found many of the cards and loads of unopened items. Makes you wonder where the auditing is?

In the above case if hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of items went missing didn’t their audit systems pick this up or is Amazon so large that they simply wrote the debts off, much like credit card companies who never bother to investigate even when details such as delivery addresses are available.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the above case if hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of items went missing didn’t their audit systems pick this up or is Amazon so large that they simply wrote the debts off, much like credit card companies who never bother to investigate even when details such as delivery addresses are available.
I think it would cost more to audit than to just write off. Even a small dept. with an adequate budget for overhead (a "working" manager with 2 employees, 3 computers, office space, payroll and benefits) would likely cost more to fund than to simply "let it go". :idk:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I would have thought that given the risk of theft, either Amazon or the courier or both, would have had some automated way of flagging up a driver where the number of missing items exceed the average rate of loss through misplacement.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I would have thought that given the risk of theft, either Amazon or the courier or both, would have had some automated way of flagging up a driver where the number of missing items exceed the average rate of loss through misplacement.
Unless the drivers found a way to circumvent Amazons parcel returns process, humans seem very good at finding loopholes

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't really see how that can happen as the purchaser would report non delivery via their own personal amazon account so this side of hacking every customers amazon account, there would be no way to prevent the customer reporting loss.

Panopticon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Amazon probably just threw the customers permanently out of Amazon by closing their accounts - can anyone really prove they did not get the item the delivery driver stole? That the box really was empty? That they were given the wrong package?

That is why when you see a driver come to your door with two packages and you are only expecting one and have no nearby neighbours - beware - the driver is planning a switcheroo - your high value item (that the driver has already opened - those cheapo Amazon book mailers that Amazon like to use for deliveries of £400+GBP of Computer Memory Chips) will be scanned at your doorstep for the right GPS coordinates to be logged by the drivers bar code gun and you will instead be handed a low value item (like a paperback book) - then the driver will run off.

Google “Amazon delivery driver jobs” - you will see "Amazon Flex" where everybody is part time self-employed (thus sidestepping minimum wage laws and so meaning Amazon can employ people with no legal right to even be in the country let alone work - who else would work for Amazons pittance pay only those who have no other choice) if you read through it all - it is a criminals paradise and better yet every time the Amazon Flex driver deliberately stands you up by pretending you were out it gives them more delivery work to come back again and yet more Amazon Flex hours are billed by the driver! - have a feeling that the local Amazon delivery stations also pack the items nowadays so they can see exactly what is worth stealing.

Which is why a lot of us had to get serious Cameras to end the doorstep delivery courier thefts permanently.

By the way another courier scam is to just stand outside your doorstep not ring your doorbell or announce their presence in any way and log a delivery to your property by GPS coordinate - possibly for a name you have never heard of - it is organized parcel theft.

Once you have hounded some of the troublemaking drivers/couriers into submission by sending the shipper screenshots of what they get up to on your doorstep (do not bother contacting the delivery company - instead surprise them via the shipper who paid for their services) - the driver either gets the sack or behaves themselves.

Either way you should aim for your property to get a reputation at the various delivery depots the drivers come from that your address relentlessly pursues troublemakers with mountains of irrefutable picture and video and audio evidence (do not send any pictures or videos that show the entire camera view area - edit them down - you need to maintain doubt about exactly how much / how far can you see on camera) once the criminal element of delivery drivers know you can jeopardize their entire theft ring they will either avoid you or change to another route – either way solving your problem.

One last thing - on the terrible wages paid for various delivery jobs the more the drivers can / are allowed to (?) steal - the longer the driver will stay in the job because they take home a lot of stolen goods thus massively boosting their income - meaning less driver turnover so fewer recruitment costs for the companies involved - so I suspect that the Postal service and the delivery services and the couriers etc. deliberately turn a blind eye and almost encourage their staff to steal - it is a perk that costs the delivery company nothing and the person who is actually meant to be receiving the parcel generally gets the blame and bad reputation - possibly thrown out of Amazon etc.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Amazon probably just threw the customers permanently out of Amazon by closing their accounts - can anyone really prove they did not get the item the delivery driver stole? That the box really was empty? That they were given the wrong package?

That is why when you see a driver come to your door with two packages and you are only expecting one and have no nearby neighbours - beware - the driver is planning a switcheroo - your high value item (that the driver has already opened - those cheapo Amazon book mailers that Amazon like to use for deliveries of £400+GBP of Computer Memory Chips) will be scanned at your doorstep for the right GPS coordinates to be logged by the drivers bar code gun and you will instead be handed a low value item (like a paperback book) - then the driver will run off.

Google “Amazon delivery driver jobs” - you will see "Amazon Flex" where everybody is part time self-employed (thus sidestepping minimum wage laws and so meaning Amazon can employ people with no legal right to even be in the country let alone work - who else would work for Amazons pittance pay only those who have no other choice) if you read through it all - it is a criminals paradise and better yet every time the Amazon Flex driver deliberately stands you up by pretending you were out it gives them more delivery work to come back again and yet more Amazon Flex hours are billed by the driver! - have a feeling that the local Amazon delivery stations also pack the items nowadays so they can see exactly what is worth stealing.

Which is why a lot of us had to get serious Cameras to end the doorstep delivery courier thefts permanently.

By the way another courier scam is to just stand outside your doorstep not ring your doorbell or announce their presence in any way and log a delivery to your property by GPS coordinate - possibly for a name you have never heard of - it is organized parcel theft.

Once you have hounded some of the troublemaking drivers/couriers into submission by sending the shipper screenshots of what they get up to on your doorstep (do not bother contacting the delivery company - instead surprise them via the shipper who paid for their services) - the driver either gets the sack or behaves themselves.

Either way you should aim for your property to get a reputation at the various delivery depots the drivers come from that your address relentlessly pursues troublemakers with mountains of irrefutable picture and video and audio evidence (do not send any pictures or videos that show the entire camera view area - edit them down - you need to maintain doubt about exactly how much / how far can you see on camera) once the criminal element of delivery drivers know you can jeopardize their entire theft ring they will either avoid you or change to another route – either way solving your problem.

One last thing - on the terrible wages paid for various delivery jobs the more the drivers can / are allowed to (?) steal - the longer the driver will stay in the job because they take home a lot of stolen goods thus massively boosting their income - meaning less driver turnover so fewer recruitment costs for the companies involved - so I suspect that the Postal service and the delivery services and the couriers etc. deliberately turn a blind eye and almost encourage their staff to steal - it is a perk that costs the delivery company nothing and the person who is actually meant to be receiving the parcel generally gets the blame and bad reputation - possibly thrown out of Amazon etc.
I’m thinking this is really pretty rare. Only times that I’ve been brought 2 packages and left with only one was because the high value item required a signature. And the only times I didn’t receive my package that showed delivered was when they were left at the wrong address which is an honest mistake. I’ve had things get lost and take a couple of days to be found. Most the time everything shows up just as expected. Sometimes it may have a little damage. And then occasionally just the wrong item was sent. Packages have busted open during shipping and the shipping company puts it all back together. But mostly all good experiences. Of course all the delivery drivers for various companies in my area get paid well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk