Feature Request: Support for Object Detection with DOODS

Zach Brown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to add a suggestion to support DOODS for object detection in BlueIris: snowzach/doods
I'm actually the author of DOODS. It's essentially a way to easily add Tensorflow and Tensorflow Lite (with hardware acceleration support) to potentially any app. You provide it an image and a configuration and it will tell you what objects it sees in the image.
I currently use BlueIris along with Home Assistant and NodeRed to detect cars/people around my house. BI sends MQTT when motion detected, tiriggers Home Assistant to grab image from BI, sends to DOODS, if it detects cars or people it plays chimes, sends notifications or handles alarms.
It could be a pretty useful feature in BlueIris I think. I'll happy provide any support related to DOODS.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to add a suggestion to support DOODS for object detection in BlueIris: snowzach/doods
I'm actually the author of DOODS. It's essentially a way to easily add Tensorflow and Tensorflow Lite (with hardware acceleration support) to potentially any app. You provide it an image and a configuration and it will tell you what objects it sees in the image.
I currently use BlueIris along with Home Assistant and NodeRed to detect cars/people around my house. BI sends MQTT when motion detected, tiriggers Home Assistant to grab image from BI, sends to DOODS, if it detects cars or people it plays chimes, sends notifications or handles alarms.
It could be a pretty useful feature in BlueIris I think. I'll happy provide any support related to DOODS.
the onnly way for the BI author to see this is for you to email it to him via the support button in BI. He does not visit here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The developer does no read the forums. You should email support directly. The developer has indicated that he will be adding support for DeepStack AI so this should be relatively easy and probably better.