Feature Request

bensocket

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Guys

I was wondering if there is a place to put feature requests for BI?

It would be great if there was a push notification if the drive over allocation warning is present etc..

Or maybe I just email support?

Thanks
Ben

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, emailing support is the only way to put in feature requests.

But maybe someone one here has figured out how to send an alert for the drive over allocation warning. I would suspect it is possible.

bensocket

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh really? any chance you know which thread? I tried searching a few key words but not finding anything

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen it specifically, but I suspect someone may have created an alert for it if it isn't a native function embedded somewhere in BI.

@jaydeel seems to have alerts for different things, so maybe he has?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't have a canned script for the Drive overallocation error/warning.

If the error/warning is posted to the logfile, then you might try sending Pushover notifications via the 'Status alerts' action set (see screenshot).

Be warned that I don't see a way to filter for specific errors or warnings, so there might be situations where the notifications become excessive. For example, Blue Iris can generate 100's of 'Signal: Failed to connect' warnings if a camera or your network has a issue,

1726288882646.png

I'll add this idea to my future projects to consider list. I'm imagining periodically scanning the Blue Iris logfile's most recent error/warning lines for user-specified entries.

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of the line(s) from the logfile (*.txt) containing this error/warning.

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've also emailed Ken to ask if it might be feasible to add a filter control to the 'Staus alerts' dialog (screenshot in previous message). Specifically for the first 3 checkboxes ('Errors', 'Warnings', 'Info/status messages).

bensocket

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have a canned script for the Drive overallocation error/warning.

If the error/warning is posted to the logfile, then you might try sending Pushover notifications via the 'Status alerts' action set (see screenshot).

Be warned that I don't see a way to filter for specific errors or warnings, so there might be situations where the notifications become excessive. For example, Blue Iris can generate 100's of 'Signal: Failed to connect' warnings if a camera or your network has a issue,

View attachment 203110

I'll add this idea to my future projects to consider list. I'm imagining periodically scanning the Blue Iris logfile's most recent error/warning lines for user-specified entries.

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of the line(s) from the logfile (*.txt) containing this error/warning.
Thank you kindly for this information