Features differences between Lite AI, Pro AI and Ultra AI???

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
I can't find any page/pdf on Dahua site - which will describe what exactly are differences between Dahua Lite AI series, Pro AI series and Ultra AI series...
Of course I ask about AI features. Not only about fancy names like Human/Vehicle/non-vehicle classification or face detection/recognition - but what exactly they means and what real world use functions can offer with camera.
What are limitations of each line (I known that Pro AI line You must choose between Human/Vehicle classification and face detection)?
Also which features are available on what line standalone on cam, which require classic NVR 4.0 recorders (4K2S series) and which works only NVR series I (AI) recorders?

Can somebody who worked on different cam's from different AI lines describe what are differences in real use between them?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I can't find any page/pdf on Dahua site - which will describe what exactly are differences between Dahua Lite AI series, Pro AI series and Ultra AI series...
Of course I ask about AI features. Not only about fancy names like Human/Vehicle/non-vehicle classification or face detection/recognition - but what exactly they means and what real world use functions can offer with camera.
What are limitations of each line (I known that Pro AI line You must choose between Human/Vehicle classification and face detection)?
Also which features are available on what line standalone on cam, which require classic NVR 4.0 recorders (4K2S series) and which works only NVR series I (AI) recorders?

Can somebody who worked on different cam's from different AI lines describe what are differences in real use between them?
Hi @steve1225

While I am not up to speed with the AI lineup, the older line up basically each level up gave you more processing power and RAM in the cameras.

Suspect this is also the case with the AI lineup - so perhaps a higher model can do more functions at one time - or process more fps.

Check on those items when inspecting the spec info from Dahua and also do check the sensor sizes.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand hw differences (sensor, optics, SOC CPU power, RAM/flash size, classic IVS features) but question is about AI differences.
AI features are new, there are different marketing names (Lite AI/Pro AI/Ultra AI vs WizSense/WizMind) and it's very difficult to tell from Dahua site/materials what they really means & offers to users.
Also big question is what features are standalone and what require what type of NVR...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I understand hw differences (sensor, optics, SOC CPU power, RAM/flash size, classic IVS features) but question is about AI differences.
AI features are new, there are different marketing names (Lite AI/Pro AI/Ultra AI vs WizSense/WizMind) and it's very difficult to tell from Dahua site/materials what they really means & offers to users.
Also big question is what features are standalone and what require what type of NVR...
Hi Steve1225

I am certain with a bit more digging you can find more on this.

Just need to dig through their documentation and specs, so I'd like to encourage you to do so - perhaps some members have covered some in their reviews of AI cameras?