FedEx driver saves the day

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FedEx driver passing by saw our neighbors PT Cruiser was smoking and put out the fire with his extinguisher. Neighbor said a cheap USB charger caught fire and that the interior was destroyed.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Even Anker has problems. I bought an Anker wireless charger for my phone about four months ago. Recently I noticed I wasn't getting a full charge overnight when it would full charge in under an hour originally. Replaced it with a new one, another Anker because I usually buy two if I need one, and everything is fine again. The best thing to do is unplug everything in the car before you get out, especially USB chargers.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, when it comes to AC adapters I purchase only UL-listed. I unplug even those when leaving the house.

One of my clients lost a beautiful 2,200 sq. foot, 2 story, 8 year old farm house 3 years ago due to a phone charger in the master bedroom. Being in a rural area it didn't stand a chance.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
USPS would have just driven by....
I would hope not. I have spoken to a couple of my mail carriers, just neighborly stuff mind you, but they seem like good people. But in my neighborhood they have the oldest equipment and I doubt they even have fire extinguishers on board. I think the truck they drive around here is the same one as when we moved in here 35 years ago, and it was old then. I don't know if they would have knocked on the door or not.