Feedback on dual camera install on an inside corner

tran383

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to get some feedback on if this is an an ideal location for this camera. Camera is an IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam.

I didn't want to put two cameras pointing inwards, but this angle covers the laundry door and sliding patio door. Also, thoughts on the landscape vs. corridor view of the sliding glass door. Thanks!

Attachments

Jose R.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The biggest issue with this spot to me is the porch light that you need to frame out of the shot. The problem with this is that you won't be able to mount the cam on the ceiling as it places the light right in your view at that point. If you can wall-mount this camera at your proposed location a touch lower than where it is now on the test rig, I think it could work. I'd likely use landscape on both for best porch and outside patio coverage. And of course, they need to be turned and oriented to get the wall out of the frame as well. Maybe leave a tiny bit of that inside window to verify it's secure but get most of it out. More pixels in the field.

tran383

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I am going to use this camera inside of the house instead and use two HDW5231R-ZE to point them outwards. Wanted to get some additional feedback on the rest of the placement of the cameras I have in front of the house. I have one camera pointing to my in-laws house next door to monitor walk ups but not really sure how use it will be, especially at night? Any feedback and thoughts would be appreciated. Pic quality is screen captured from my phone. Thanks!

Attachments