FI9821W V2 will not work on iPhone 4s

JT_Hunter

n3wb
Reaction score
New Camera is Foscam FI9821W V2
I have it working on PC just fine.
I can not get it to work on iPhone 4s.
I have 3 programs. The Foscam Viewer, Blue Iris and Asee
The Foscam app reports that the device is not connected, then displays a msg about username or password issue. I have checked this many times. No luck.
The Blue Iris program says to check the IP address for camera.
Asee Program Never connects
I have gone thru the setup too many times already. I have tried every combination I can think of. I have an assigned IP address for the camera, so it is not changing via DHCP.
I am attached to my home network on iPhone.
I am using the default port settings suggested by Foscam. Port 88. I have changed the user name and password, and have set up a very simple test account that is too easy to use, and would be hard to type in wrong.
I have done all of the port forwarding and checked to insure ports are forwarded. I do not think ports need to be forwarded for the iPhone to work though. I have tried both wired and wireless. I have upgraded the BIOS, and plugin.
OK, I have been in IT for over 25 years, I am not stupid. I have set up a Defender 21031 Sentinel system and have no problems. It is at another location, so it could not possibly interfere with this.
So, here is the best part of my dilemma, and why I want this to work. I have my daughter in law and son in law living in my basement. They have a tendency to break things, then blame anyone else but them self. So…..Please help.
Thanks