Filter alerts by Motion Zone?

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When reviewing the list of alerts, is there a way to filter by motion zone? I have configured "near" and "far" motion zones on most of my cameras. The "near" ones are the ones I really care about; eg someone walking on my lawn. Where the "far" ones are just for car counting and to make it easy to check back in the past for potential events.

I normally only care at a glance if the "near" triggers go off.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
One dodge would be create a separate camera for each zone, near and far. Of course it would, in reality, be the same camera but have a different detection profile. That same trick can be used to test different zone patterns by seeing which setup works best for what you're trying to detect.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One dodge would be create a separate camera for each zone, near and far. Of course it would, in reality, be the same camera but have a different detection profile. That same trick can be used to test different zone patterns by seeing which setup works best for what you're trying to detect.
I wonder if BI is smart enough to capture the stream only once. :)

sleetdawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman, what is the proper way to setup a cloned camera so that it does not record a second stream? I tried to do exactly this today, and ended up with recorded files for the duped camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, what is the proper way to setup a cloned camera so that it does not record a second stream? I tried to do exactly this today, and ended up with recorded files for the duped camera.
simply uncheck video in the record tab

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I imagine there are plenty of interesting use cases for cloning the camera. It doesn't seem like an entirely elegant way of going about what I'm looking to do though. :) I will have to see if the web API can get me a list of recent events or something like that. Then I could just write a script to notify me when I wake up of things that happened when I might want to look at.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When reviewing the list of alerts, is there a way to filter by motion zone? I have configured "near" and "far" motion zones on most of my cameras. The "near" ones are the ones I really care about; eg someone walking on my lawn. Where the "far" ones are just for car counting and to make it easy to check back in the past for potential events.

I normally only care at a glance if the "near" triggers go off.
I'd love this feature as well. I tried setting up multiple cameras with the same feed. It just felt too messy to me. I settled with only sending push notifications for the zone I really care about.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd love this feature as well. I tried setting up multiple cameras with the same feed. It just felt too messy to me. I settled with only sending push notifications for the zone I really care about.
you can hide the camera so it doesnt display twice...If you want a feature for consideration you must email support..