Finally got my v2 mini PTZ (YC-110AR) - IR filter problem

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all! Long time lurker here just wanting to add my experience and ask a few questions. I don't claim to know everything but I like to think I'm not a total idiot when it comes to this cam stuff. I set up 11 poe PTZ cams at my office and at home I have a crappy 2mp swann with a few logitech c930e webcams I use with Yawcam. Anyway, regarding my v2 mini ptz...

+ Got this one during the "big sale" for $136 http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/9SdAiXq

+ Purchased 4/2
+ Received the nearly destroyed, smashed to hell box on 4/22
+ Mounted and tested that night. No complaints.
+ Noticed the next morning that the IR filter wasn't engaged.
+ Updated Firmware.
+ Tried a couple different cat 5e and cat6 cables, along with a couple different 12v/1.5A, 12v/2A, 12v/4A power supplies.
+ Brought the cam inside to listen for "the click." I can hear it trying to to something when IR goes on/off but it's not like any of my other cams.
+ When I put my ear to the cam I can hear a faint grinding sound, like a dirty fan bearing or something. Is that normal?

+ If I give it a smack with a rubber screwdriver handle, the IR filter works. I can turn IR on and off and the filter works as expected for a while, but if I don't touch it for a few hours (overnight) it won't work again without a smack.

Should I take the cam apart and look for something obvious? Might something need to be greased or loosened up?

I have a few days left to file a dispute, should I do that? Should I ask for some money back? and how much?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You might be first one who reported stuck IR filter with this cam, happened on one of my Hikvision cams before, I simply ended up getting replacement with the dispute. So if seller doesn't provide you solution to fix this somehow you might as well start the dispute.

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Received the nearly destroyed, smashed to hell box on 4/22
Could have been damaged from shipping from what you are saying. I would definitely message the seller to figure out a solution.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Did you take a picture of the smashed box? I had 5 out of 7 with smashed boxes, but cams were ok as it was inside air wrap.

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Welp the camera was working great for a few weeks and then the filter got stuck again the other day. I was able to smack it back to working but the next day it was stuck again and no amount of violence will make it unstick.

Can anyone tell me what I should do or look for as far as taking it apart to fix? Is there anything that usually needs to be tightened or loosened inside the camera when this happens?

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried a magnet to unstick the filter?

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not yet but it's one of the first things I'm going to try. I have the camera mounted with little zip ties through the screw holes on the mounting bracket and it's annoying to mess with.

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I finally got around to taking the camera down to mess with it. I tried moving a small N42 Magnet all around the area where the filter should be but there wasn't any kind of reaction from the camera at all. I tried a slightly bigger N52 magnet just for the hell of it and that didn't do anything either. I set the camera upside down on a table while I went to put the magnets back on the fridge and when I came back the filter was magically engaged. I was able to engage/disengage it a handful of times via web interface but the click was pretty weak and pathetic sounding.

I left it sitting upright on the table with the filter engaged and "IR Mode" manually set to off when I went to bed. The next morning when I went to check it out, the picture was back to being a pink pile of blurry shit. "IR Mode" still manually set to off. So it randomly disengaged the filter for no reason at all some time overnight.