Finally some progress with my cameras.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For the front door cam, this was the best angle I could find that worked to ID people and not have issues with my lighting.... the 2nd cam in the post is the same issue, if I point it down any more the light next to it gets in the view and make a the Ir go nuts. Reviewing the videos of any alerts, there hasn't been a person I can't ID as of yet.

Paint... it is exterior stucco paint left over from when it was painted... I asked a painter for advice, he said either sand them down or use a primer base.... I tried sanding one down a little bit and put a coat on and it didn't help it any(so I didn't sand anymore). I painted all the camera pieces twice before mounting knowing some of it would flake off after the install, I waited a few weeks on the front facia. After I installed them, I touched up what has scraped off, and painted the touch ups twice.

For the front, I saw some artist style paint brush packrat home depot, and painted the fronts very slowly and carefully without masking them off... it was stressful and annoying, but I'm happy I did it.

If I was to do it all over again, I would of primered them first. If I wanted to I could scrape off the paint with my finger ...... but since they aren't messed with I don't have issues with them. @DavidDavid

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for that. I definitely need to paint my front door cam and that's basically what I was imagining... Primer then two coats of good exterior paint. And same for the face. That'll be nerve wracking but worth it I'm sure. Yours definitely look amazing after being completely painted. (although I guess it depends on if you want them to be visible and noticeable to anybody at your door or not. I prefer stealth cameras. Hidden in plain sight)

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
NP , I like discrete, but from my recordings of solicitors and strangers that come up and actually notice, they def. Seem to change their demeanor, and for some reason I like that.... hoping it keeps the honest people honest. :)