Finding a way to record with a cheap china hidden wifi nanny cam.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All the programs I've downloaded freeze up after an hour or 2 of recording. I need to find something that can record at least 8 hours a day... Anyone know of any apps that would take this task on?

The stupid little thing works pretty darn well. I just don't have time to do live viewing, I need to record it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077P6N76M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All the programs I've downloaded freeze up after an hour or 2 of recording. I need to find something that can record at least 8 hours a day... Anyone know of any apps that would take this task on?

The stupid little thing works pretty darn well. I just don't have time to do live viewing, I need to record it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077P6N76M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You'll probably have to snoop on your network traffic to figure out how to connect to it with something like wireshark. From the description, it sounds like it does have a local means of accessing the stream and not just the cloud based option.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got an mpeg pull off port 80.... still work in progress...i wish everything had onvif....errr

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got an mpeg pull off port 80.... still work in progress...i wish everything had onvif....errr
If you can get the feed to work in VLC you can record it in VLC, but at that point you can probably also make it work in blue iris or tinycam.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well port 80 works fine, so no I haven't. Ispy pulls everything fine from the camera. I just can't get the sound going so far.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Interesting question by on amazon on page 6; if that's not you, someday you might have some good info to share with that person.

"Question:
I'm trying to add this camera to the latest release of blue iris. what is the username? "admin" doesn't work. i'm aware the default password is 8888.

Answer:
Hello, Our camera can only be recorded and viewed in a dedicated app "Iminicam".
The download path of our camera app can only be:
1.Scan two-dimensional code to download APP from the manual.
2.Android Phone----Please search" Iminicam"in "Google Play "and download.
3.Iphone----Please search" Iminicam"in "APP Store" and download.

MAGENDARA
Seller· May 8, 2018 "

As suggested by @tangent , I wonder if wireshark could be employed find something of value while using that app they mentioned?

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have this working in ispy... it gives the link of http://admin:@192.168.0.26/videostream.asf?user=admin&pwd=&resolution=320*240 as functional... im having no dice getting it to go in BI. I've tried videostream.asf along with paths or parameter combinations with the above info...it works fine in a browser... still plugging away.

@TonyR - If I can get it working I will happily reply on Amazon to that person.... their app is worthless, I was better off finding the IP and figuring it out myself.