Fire Stick with Amcrest or Dahua?

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tonight I was experimenting with Firestick Browsers, Silk and Firefox with an Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI.

I was able to login with Silk but the frame rate was about one frame every 10 seconds. The Firefox browser asks you to install
a plug-in but then locks with a 404 error.

Is there a decent way to show live camera feeds on your TV with Firestick?

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Install Tinycam (Free version with ads) on the Firestick.
Insure you power the Firestick externally (like with a wall wart), not from the TV's USB.
At night, you can switch off monitor with its own power button, Firestick should stay "alive", viewing cam, ready to display when monitor is powered up.
If this works and you like, you can get the Pro version of Tinycam (NO ads).

@alexvas , the developer of Tinycam, tells how ==>> here

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Install Tinycam (Free version with ads) on the Firestick.
Insure you power the Firestick externally (like with a wall wart), not from the TV's USB.
At night, you can switch off monitor with its own power button, Firestick should stay "alive", viewing cam, ready to display when monitor is powered up.
If this works and you like, you can get the Pro version of Tinycam (NO ads).

@alexvas , the developer of Tinycam, tells how ==>> here
Thanks.
Installed Tiny Cam Pro last night. Nice little app.
Still extremely slow. I suspect the WiFi just cannot handle it.
I wonder if the hard wired Fire Cube would make a big difference.
It discovered three Amcrest cameras even though there is only one on the network.
The login would not work on the one with the very specific model number but the generic Amcrest and IP worked fine.

SAtoUS

n3wb
Reaction score
Tonight I was experimenting with Firestick Browsers, Silk and Firefox with an Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI.

I was able to login with Silk but the frame rate was about one frame every 10 seconds. The Firefox browser asks you to install
a plug-in but then locks with a 404 error.

Is there a decent way to show live camera feeds on your TV with Firestick?

Thanks
TinyCam works pretty well. Make sure you have it set to ONLY view and NOT record, that way you will no lose that many frames. Scroll down on the cam settings. Make sure it is unchecked.