Fire TV stick - ease of use as monitoring station

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a while and finally pulled the trigger on my first IP cam (the IPC-T2431T-AS 3.6mm from Andy). Great wealth of information, thank you.

I want to set up a permanent viewing monitor for it and have purchased a 22" monitor. The primary purpose will be live feed and while I will occasionally need to review recorded footage I'm OK with doing that on another device (laptop/phone) if necessary.

I see the Fire TV stick is often recommended here for this purpose but I need some guidance, please.

I will be switching the monitor off at night and am looking for a fuss free way for family to turn it back on in morning ie. First prize is only having to turn on monitor and not fiddle with Fire TV/other device each time.

I won't be running BI yet (hopefully will one day though) - so which app for Fire TV stick should I use and/or should I rather be looking at another device like a raspberry pi?

Also, I presume recording to cam's SD card is the way to go at this stage with a single camera?

Thanks so much!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Install Tinycam (Free version with ads) on the Firestick.
Insure you power the Firestick externally (like with a wall wart), not from USB.
At night, switch off monitor with its own power button, Firestick should stay "alive", viewing cam, ready to display when monitor is powered up.
If this works and you like, you can get the Pro version of Tinycam (NO ads).

@alexvas , the developer of Tinycam, tells how ==>> here