Firefox is updated to ver. 55, I can't view my cams

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After updating Firefox to version 55, my cams can't be viewed. The image stays gray.
Reinstalling webcomponents.exe doesn't work.
The flash boolean string for the ver. 52 update is already applied.

What can I do to fix it?

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, sorry.

I'm asking for a solution, not a replacement program.
I'm using Internet Explorer now as replacement, but I want Firefox working again.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Then install an older version of Firefox and disable the automatic updates. Keep in mind you will not get security updates, so you increase your risk of picking up an infection in random internet browsing, and eventually you may have website compatibility issues.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Pale moon been running it only for camera tweeks since December last year beats the crap out of no plugin detected and internet explorer 11 works too

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do not use firefox, but my guess would be they finally got around to completely removing support for NPAPI plug-ins in version 55?

If so, you have no alternative but to use a different browser.

rpc

n3wb
Reaction score
One option is to install a second firefox on your HDD just for your cams:

(1) download latest firefox installer still working (afaik 54.0.1) from here: Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/54.0.1/win32/
(2) temporarily rename any firefox icon on your desktop, otherwise it might be overwritten.
(3) install it in a second folder, e.g. "C:\program files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox HIKVision"
(4) go to new install folder and execute "firefox.exe -p" in cmd (-p is for getting profiles selection menu)
(5) create new profile, name it e.g. HIKVision, exit Firefox when started.
(6) edit the new firefox icon on your desktop (or where it is), rename it to e.g. "Mozilla Firefox HIKVision", and add start options "-p HIKVision -no-remote", rename back your old icon from step (2).
(7) run "Mozilla Firefox HIKVision", disable automatic updates, do the necessary changes in about:config (see other postings here) for the npapi plugins to run again.
(8) run your default Firefox with option -p from cmd to select back default start profile.

That should be it.

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Lol or you could like I did until I found a browser that works open you phone or iPad on live view open fire fox do all your camera adjustments and watch on your iPad where there's a will there's a way

mjb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't pick on marku2. He's not a native English speaker. He's from Australia :)

(For the record, I used to live in Australia and love the country and its people.)

So what happened to the Hikvision announcement made a year or so ago about impending software changes to allow its camera image feeds to be accessed via Chrome? Nothing but silence since.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
And we talk fast,so we don't swallow flys.lol
Bugger me mate I get to work on time there's some punctuality to me :lmao:,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bloody hell I have to push more buttons now when I speak online.
All good who doesn't like banter.