Firmware compatibility problem

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all.
I currently have all hikvision products.
NVR V2.3.3 Firmware
Cameras x7 are V5.1.0 Firmware all work fine.
New PTZ camera V5.3.11 won't plug and play on NVR

The PTZ won't plug and play even after activation and setting exact same IP credentials from the camera I replaced it with.
PTZ works when I connect it to my network on a network IP address but I want it on the NVR incase of internet drop out it will still record.

Is it a Firmware conflict?

All my cameras have CN in the serial number and I read that I will brick them if I upgrade NVR Firmware.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What PTZ camera is it? Not all PTZ cameras can get enough power from a POE port.

PTZ works when I connect it to my network on a network IP address but I want it on the NVR incase of internet drop out it will still record.
This doesn't make sense, even if the internet goes down it will still record when connected on your internal network.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What PTZ camera is it? Not all PTZ cameras can get enough power from a POE port.

This doesn't make sense, even if the internet goes down it will still record when connected on your internal network.

No it won't. Its connected to the network and records to the NVR not computer hard drive. I have tested it.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is a Hik PTZ powered by 12v power supply.
My problem as I said in my first post is it won't plug and play. I can only get it to work by plugging it into the modem.
Is it not plug and play because of firmware versions?

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, doh... Of course it records to the NVR, where else did you expect it to record?
Maybe you should try to explain on a different way what is your problem.
Maybe take 2 seconds to read my first thread smart ass! I only asked 1 question.