Firmware downgrades via RS232?

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just wanted to run this by you guys, do you know if the RS232 will allow a downgrade of firmwares and bypass that downgrade restriction?

I am asking because I see that many dahua cameras have had new features introduced that worked beautifully, and as of the later firmwares, it seems there's always a small problem here or there, yet the ability to downgrade to specific problem free firmwares has been blocked.

I'm wondering if the firmware block was due to dahua backtracking on the features they intended to offer, maybe they feel they gave a little too much value that should have been reserved for higher end models and the best approach now is to neuter said features by dumbing it down ever so slightly under the guise of "New firmware!" while locking the door behind you as you step through.

It seems like with every update, one fix here, two breaks there.

I'm just venting because my camera is chasing ghosts and has a perverted fascination with the clouds and everything else except perps. Just thought maybe this has been debated/debugged or attempted and someone had some insights or success stories.

I still love my ghost hunter for the record. :D

biscuit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just wanted to run this by you guys, do you know if the RS232 will allow a downgrade of firmwares and bypass that downgrade restriction?

I am asking because I see that many dahua cameras have had new features introduced that worked beautifully, and as of the later firmwares, it seems there's always a small problem here or there, yet the ability to downgrade to specific problem free firmwares has been blocked.

I'm wondering if the firmware block was due to dahua backtracking on the features they intended to offer, maybe they feel they gave a little too much value that should have been reserved for higher end models and the best approach now is to neuter said features by dumbing it down ever so slightly under the guise of "New firmware!" while locking the door behind you as you step through.

It seems like with every update, one fix here, two breaks there.

I'm just venting because my camera is chasing ghosts and has a perverted fascination with the clouds and everything else except perps. Just thought maybe this has been debated/debugged or attempted and someone had some insights or success stories.

I still love my ghost hunter for the record. :D
Maybe, there are some ghosts... we are never alone...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm glad to see a confirmed answer. I read the post a while back but I didn't recall seeing if it bypassed the check.

Glad to see your response!