n3wb
Reaction score
Please help me find the firmware. I want to install an old firmware
Current version 5.4.2 I can’t reset my password

nikitosikk

n3wb
Reaction score
That's a pity.
So no Hikvision backdoor in that specific firmware.
Generally works OK.
I want to reset my password. support service does not help me because I didn’t buy cameras from them. My last hope is to install another firmware in which there is a backdoor and reset the password

Reaction score
Good evening!
I recently bought from an official Hikvision retailer the so called "Mini Cube" WiFi camera DS-2CV2U01FD. The camera works only via the hik-connect service but I cannot do the following:
1. I cannot add it to my NVR so that I could record on my HDD
2. I cannot access the camera webpage interface at http://<camera_ip>/. When trying to access the camera webpage I've got:
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't locate document: /
Because of this, I cannot change any configs except the resolution of the camera, via the hik-connect app.

Current firmware is 5.4.4 build 171115. On the back of the camera I have a verification code but that is not a password.
I tried to browse http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK but I've got a prompt for user&pass where no combination works.
I sent an xml request via the SADP tool to Hikvision official support but both their keys were not good in resetting the password.

Could it be that this model cannot be configured via web, nor be attached to any NVR?

Thank you!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It might be interesting to see if ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) can find it as an ONVIF device.
But even if it does - you need to give ODM some valid credentials to query the details / see video etc.

Reaction score
Update: tried again with another key received from Hikvision and this time worked, I've changed the admin password.
What I did was NOT to restart the camera in the time-frame between sending Hikvision the key and input the response received back from Hikvision. Also, I have updated the SADP tool to version 3.0.1 build 20190627.
These were the instructions received from Hikvision:
1. the file will be expired after 24hours;
2. keep the device running before you receive the encrypt file;
3. use the same computer by which you export the file to import file;

Getting back to configuring the camera 2CV2U01FD via web, it still shows me the same error:
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't locate document: /

I've tried the ONVIF device manager, I can see it and I can configure some of the parameters. Under Network Settings it shows that port 80 is enabled, and port 443 is disabled.
Also, I can configure it via iVMS-4200 Client but the same, I cannot access all the parameters.
Could it really be that this camera 2CV2U01FD cannot be accessed and configured via web (port 80)?

Regards!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In ODM there is a 'show web page'. Does that do anything useful?

For configuration, maybe also try the Hikvision Batch Configuration Tool, available at the forum downloads area.

Reaction score
Nope, it shows a navigation error.
The Hikvision Batch configuration tool did the job, i was able to alter all the settings.

Thank you for your thoughts and for your support! Hope this come up in the future searches