Firmware Feature requests/bug fixes to send to Huisun

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I will start:

Fix the damn Motion detection sensitivity!
Chrome support (at the very least allow viewing/editing settings in Chrome)
Zoom memory for preset is broken in the latest firmware
Lose dependency on the frame rate selection that affects bit rate

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My only niggle is low light/night time focus is a bit too flakey. I know it relies on captured light emitted from objects and I can't expect perfection, but many times it fails to focus until I zoom in and out a time or two.

edit: oh, and others have it a bit worse and I've only experienced it once: preset walking. I noticed last week my primary (#1) preset had shifted slightly, so I edit/reset it and it has been fine since.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
List version NUMBR of firmware that is good and the bad version #.

tomster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd favour some sort of MJPEG-support or a snapshot-function to be able to embed the "stream" in a webpage. Besides it sucks that I cannot access the camera's stream from any PC/Tablet/Smartphone natively. On some machines I even have to run Firefox as administrator to be able to access/initialize the plugin.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd favour some sort of MJPEG-support or a snapshot-function to be able to embed the "stream" in a webpage. Besides it sucks that I cannot access the camera's stream from any PC/Tablet/Smartphone natively.
THIS

And also their FTP snapshot upload is broken. Or was broken in the version I got. It uploads an image but the image is a garbled mess of corruption.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Add an environmental noise filter to the audio in as per hikvision. The background noise compared to a hik using the same mic is overbearing.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1. Ability to manually slow the shutter speed slower than 1/25.....Not exactly sure if this is a firmware limitation alone or if it's a hardware limitation too. Not so much a security camera necessity, but long exposure is required if you're trying to do color night nature photography.

2. Add a Semi-auto shutter speed mode, allowing the shutter speed to adjust automatically (as needed based on changes in lighting), but within a certain range that you set yourself (for example, I may want it to auto adjust the shutter speed, but not let it go slower than 1/100....Currently it's either completely manual where it's the same hard setting regardless of lighting or completely automated in which you have no control over the max/min limits.

3. Enable Telnet

4. Adjust the pan/tilt controls to match the mirror mode setting. For example, if the camera is mounted upside down, you can use mirror mode to flip the image around. However, if you click the "pan right" button, it's going to pan left. The coding (attached below) is pretty basic in that clicking the "right" button activates the 'move right' script. Simply changing this to the 'move left' script allows the button to function properly in mirror mode, but there's no way (that I can figure out, at least) to save the changes permanently....Seems like it would be pretty simple for them to include a conditional statement in the code, as in "if mirror=off: move right; if mirror=on, move left"....
ptz.JPG

5. Same problem as number 4 exists in the 3D mode. If in mirror mode and you click on the right side of the screen, the camera pans left toward whatever is on the left side of the screen.

6. Allow the "zoom box" that you draw in 3D mode to adjust the pan/tilt to center on the box as well. For example, if there's a red car in the center of the image and a blue car on the left side of the screen. I draw a zoom box over the blue car on the left side and it zooms into the red car in the center. Ideally, drawing a zoom box over the blue car on the left side of the screen should instruct the camera to zoom in to that specific location and make the camera center the pan/tilt to that spot while zooming in.

7. More White Balance algorithms. The auto setting, while decent, seems to highlight brown shades a little too heavily in outdoor lighting. Trees that are gray/slight beige will often show up as a dark brown or burnt orange. Hikvision has multiple algorithms that you can set to depending on the type of lighting (natural light, fluorescent, etc.)...The manual setting, while nice to have for indoor use or a temporary outdoor adjustment, will not take the place of a properly-formulated auto-adjust for extended use outdoors due to changes in light throughout the day.

8. (hardware related, not firmware)...Full zoom-out isn't enough. The 51mm max zoom-in is enough for most home use, but the 5.1mm minimum zoom-out is a bit too limited, in my opinion. It would be nice to have the wide zoom at around 3mm or so for more areal coverage. In a way, it sort of defeats the most ideal purpose of a motorized zoom lens; That is to start with a large areal view with the ability to zoom in close on particular locations when needed. At a 5.1mm starting point, you're not really getting a good "overview" to spot things that need zooming into. An approximate 3mm to 50mm range would be much better suited, in my opinion.

Overall, the mini PTZ is a really good camera for security purposes, but some small improvements could be made (at little to no additional cost) that could vastly improve it and allow it to be used in other industries outside of security (nature cams, dash cams, etc...)

Last edited by a moderator:

tg4766

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello together!

Who knows where i can download new firmware?

Thanks

Thomas

tg4766

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

thank you very much.

I have tried the file. But it comes an error.

Filename: package.bin

Thanks

Thomas

Jeffi

n3wb
Reaction score
Telnet access should be added. For those who have advanced home automation, it's quite important to access the SD content and other features directly etc.
Asked Monic@ for a solution to access the SD card directly or to get the telnet activated, but it seems that they don't have rights to do that or a password to Ambarella loader. I'm started thinking that the actual fw is developed by some other company :(

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

thank you very much.

I have tried the file. But it comes an error.

Filename: package.bin

Thanks

Thomas
Firmware should be placed in internet explorer browser.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Telnet access should be added. For those who have advanced home automation, it's quite important to access the SD content and other features directly etc.
Asked Monic@ for a solution to access the SD card directly or to get the telnet activated, but it seems that they don't have rights to do that or a password to Ambarella loader. I'm started thinking that the actual fw is developed by some other company :(
I asked for NAS support and was told that it may not happen

Bill

Jeffi

n3wb
Reaction score

tg4766

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

a very important funktion who is needed is compatibility with NAS systems like Synology or QNAP.

It is much better together with a NAS.

With Synology actually it is not possible to save a camera PTZ position. The picture quality is fantastic.

I have information from NAS support:

"The camera accepts only pure letters or pure numbers as names for the position. We use the scheme "syno0" or "syno1" etc."
20160120synology-support.jpg

My camera:

HS-SCB405IP-V10
Program Version
V1.0.2 Build 201511191322
Control Version
MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
Web Page Version
1.1.1 Build 20151119

The cam is only detected as a ONVIF model.

Thomas

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll add to the list of folks who want a limit to the maximum exposure speed in the 10x MiniPTZ bullet. For a camera with strong LEDs it slows down the max exposure speed at night way too much. Daytime exposure choice is pretty good actually- more usefully sharp on cloudy days without setting a schedule than my Hiks which slow the exposure down too much needlessly. At night for distance shots? Lousy unless the subject is almost stopped. We had a prowler in the neighbourhood a couple of weeks ago. He stole some things from my next door neighour's car, tried the locks on the cars across the street, but never entered my yard and kept walking down the street. The closest he came to my cameras was about 60 feet and the best shot was from my Darkfighter dome when it was set at about 6mm for closeup coverage of my car. Not much detail at 60ft away but he was crisp as he was walking. The Huisun was completely useless at about the same zoom level and it had the help of IR and the Darkfighter had IR turned off.

Here's a shot of a different honest guy (he's going home after working shift work at night) after trying to set the MiniPTZ to get faces of folks walking by at night. He's about 60 feet from the camera. Way too much blur for the available light and you can see the compression artifacts in the waves behind him as he walks. I got a great shot of one of his shoes though. Woohoo! Bit rate was 8192, bitrate type was constant, and I'd been fiddling with i-frame frequency to try and make things better with no luck. I think that shot was at 15fps and 15 i-frame interval. Might've been 15fps and 30 though. There's not much point going to manual mode and setting to 1/60th or 1/120th because it'll do the same exposure in the day which isn't acceptable. It desperately needs a maximum exposure time length limit in auto mode. I'm not sure what they could do to eliminate the compression artifacts after objects move. It doesn't often affect moving subject identification because most of it is usually in the background after the subject moves through, though I've seen times where the artifacting obscures the plates of cars moving away from the camera. I suspect they're trying to use a cheaper slower processor to save a few bucks and it just can't keep up with demanding scenes but it might be a firmware issue/choice of compression as well. You can definitely see the results in the funky looking video when you pan around and right after you stop moving the cam until the scene processing catches up.

Also, how hard would it be for Hik-based web browser interfaces to save your live view aspect ratio choice as 16:9 or 1x instead of making you select it every time?

Cam12.20160116_000127_1.jpg

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please fix the administrative functions. When I try make make a guest account. With all functions denied it still is possible to change all important network settings etc.

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Although I see the config to turn off OSD display (like the timestamp), I don't see any option to turn off the info whenever doing Pan/Tilt/Zoom. I'm trying to get clean video off the camera even when zooming. This would be a request

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Although I see the config to turn off OSD display (like the timestamp), I don't see any option to turn off the info whenever doing Pan/Tilt/Zoom. I'm trying to get clean video off the camera even when zooming. This would be a request
Call preset 95 to bring up the on-screen menu, and you can turn it off from there (sorry, can't remember the exact path to the option off hand).

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
BTW I sent feedback to Monica but it would also help if you send any feature requests to her as well.