Firmware for DH-TPC-SD5600(-t) thermal camera? (now with cute thermal video of deer)

gmaxwheel

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings.

I have a DH-TPC-SD5600-T running "2.400.0000.2.R.FFFF.3S.NR, build : 2016-01-26". The camera works fine, but as soon as a NVR running V3.216 connects the web server on the camera crashes (and comes back up in a minute). Without pointing the NVR at it, its stable PTZ works, rtsp works, etc.

Log on the camera shows "abort" at about the time of the crash. I tried restricting the NVR to a live only account, same result.

Based on expirences with other camers, I'm guessing that this would be solved by a new firmware... but I can't seem to find firmware for this particular camera.

Any pointers?

gmaxwheel

n3wb
Reaction score
I found firmware on the dahua website:
Unfortunately, the readme for it states

"If the current version of main firmware is V2.401.0000.1.R.20160802 or older, you must first upgrade the interim version before upgrading the latest firmware. The interim version is V2.402.0000.0.R.20170417."

So now it appears my problem is finding an older version of the firmware.

I tried blindly constructing a URL for that version, but no joy.

After some really serious googling, I managed to find a polish ftp server with the firmware of that version. Unfortunately, if I try to apply it I just get "Transmitting files..., please don't leave this page or close the browser..." and it lights up one and a half progress bar segments then stops.

Last edited:

gmaxwheel

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a bribe for replies: thermal footage of deer.

I'd also settle for a binary for my current version (2.400.0000.2.R.FFFF.3S.NR), so that I could attempt a tftp/uart reflash with some expectation of being able to restore the camera if it doesn't go well. :)

Last edited: