Firmware on cam newer that at Hikvision website

Root66

n3wb
Reaction score
I've purchased a DS-2CD2145-FWD-1. The firmware on it is V5.5.83 build 190221. At the Hikvision site the latest firmware is IPC_EN_STD_5.5.61_180718(2xx3 2xx5 3xxx). This seems odd to me.

Is this common? Have I not bought a real Hikvision? Based on the serial number is is not a grey market but...

I'm asking because although the camera seems to be functioning fine, there are some things that I deem to be peculiar. One is that in testing a backup file by importing it, there are several parameters that aren't imported. My first thought was to upgrade the firmware but in doing a bit of reading here, it may be a mistake to attempt that. I had read somewhere that you couldn't go backwards on firmware, only forward. I am afraid to try anything at this point for fear of bricking the camera.

I have looked around here a bit and apologize if I am bringing up an issue that has been addressed. I'm new here.

Root66

n3wb
Reaction score
I spoke with Hikvision. I purchased the camera through a seller at Amazon and come to find out the camera was not to be sold in the U.S. or Canada markets.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
At the Hikvision site the latest firmware is IPC_EN_STD_5.5.61_180718(2xx3 2xx5 3xxx). This seems odd to me.
There are many Hikvision sites that offer firmware downloads, and they are not consistent in what they have available.
For example, the EU portal is often the most up to date, there is the set of firmware for what I think is your camera : DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

I had read somewhere that you couldn't go backwards on firmware
Yes, that is correct, applies to 'major versions - x' is 5.x.y