Firmware Updates

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What do you recommend for a 2112 and a 2032? (both received this month direct from Hikvision USA).
They both came with 5.3.0.
All I can find for these models on their Downloads page is:
  • DS-2xx2_5.4.0_160530
    I was about to upgrade the cameras with it until I read this thread recommending against 5.4.0.

The cameras exhibit many problems: random errors in the log about Network Disconnections, recorded motion-triggered videos that disappear from the camera,
Firstly, to make sure you don't brick it, what do you mean direct from Hikvision USA?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What do you recommend for a 2112 and a 2032? (both received this month direct from Hikvision USA).
They both came with 5.3.0.
All I can find for these models on their Downloads page is:
  • DS-2xx2_5.4.0_160530
    I was about to upgrade the cameras with it until I read this thread recommending against 5.4.0...
Time to apply IpCamTalk.com's Simple Test for Updating Pingable Ip Devices...

Please answer the following questions so we can provide you with appropriate situation relevant advice...

(1) What is the reason you want to upgrade the firmware for these cameras?

(2) Are your cameras broke or missing a feature that you need?

kyphos

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly, to make sure you don't brick it, what do you mean direct from Hikvision USA?
I mean that they were shipped to me directly by Hikvision's USA office in City of Industry, California. That's who I bought them from, though the local rep.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I mean that they were shipped to me directly by Hikvision's USA office in City of Industry, California. That's who I bought them from, though the local rep.
How bizarre. They stopped manufacturing the DS-2CD2112-I a long long time ago although 5.3.0 would be one of the last manufactured ones.

You should check with Hikvision USA if you got it direct from them. The v5.4.0 for this camera is different to the v5.4.0 for the 2x42(F)WD cameras which is what the other thread is referring to. I'm still on v5.1.6 and it's going strong on my DS-2CD2032-I cameras. They make it deliberately confusing I find.

kyphos

n3wb
Reaction score
Time to apply IpCamTalk.com's Simple Test for Updating Pingable Ip Devices...

Please answer the following questions so we can provide you with appropriate situation relevant advice...

(1) What is the reason you want to upgrade the firmware for these cameras?

(2) Are your cameras broke or missing a feature that you need?
1) See my original post:
"The cameras exhibit many problems: random errors in the log about Network Disconnections, recorded motion-triggered videos that disappear from the camera, a Motion Detection Arming Schedule that has no effect, and more".

2) I'd like to have a camera that can play back the motion-triggered video clips that it's recorded. I've observed that the 2112 domecam will seemingly lose an hour or two of recordings. This has happened on several occasions. The log shows that motion events were detected, yet the timeline (on the Playback page) is blank, as is the list of recordings on the 'download recording' page. However, I know that video was actually recorded by viewing the hiv000xx.mp4 files with VLC.

kyphos

n3wb
Reaction score
How bizarre. They stopped manufacturing the DS-2CD2112-I a long long time ago although 5.3.0 would be one of the last manufactured ones.

You should check with Hikvision USA if you got it direct from them. The v5.4.0 for this camera is different to the v5.4.0 for the 2x42(F)WD cameras which is what the other thread is referring to. I'm still on v5.1.6 and it's going strong on my DS-2CD2032-I cameras. They make it deliberately confusing I find.
My camera is the newer DS-2CD2112F-I, which I understand replaced the old 2CD2112-I. Mine has the built-in SD memory slot.

I agree - they sure do make it confusing!

Thanks.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My camera is the newer DS-2CD2112F-I, which I understand replaced the old 2CD2112-I. Mine has the built-in SD memory slot.

I agree - they sure do make it confusing!

Thanks.
Yeah that replaced it in 2013 I think, so even that model is old. Have you tried a different SD card?

kyphos

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah that replaced it in 2013 I think, so even that model is old. Have you tried a different SD card?
The date code on the box indicates it was manufactured 08/2015. It's not the latest tech (only 1.3 Mpixel), but adequate for my needs.

Just ordered a new SD card. But it's also recording to a local SMB server.
I've verified the recordings (motion triggered) are being made to the SMB server, by viewing the hiv000xx.mp4 files on the SMB server. But the camera seems to 'lose' chunks between 1 to 2 hours long.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome back! Turn on ITV, the analog Swann rubbish these people are using from Maplin is almost making me cry. If only they saw what they could get for cheaper.

Cheeky Q: Any ideas of an R6 5.4.0 to 5.3.8 downgrader?
Never been away just watching lol.
As to new firmwares I don't really have much time of late,
and given that they can be brought though ADI-Global over the counter for cash at trade prices, it's not worth me getting the imports with 2 line models for £85 inc vat.

if you order in bulk there are even cheaper.