Firmware Upgrading - US vs. Chinese imports

cepler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased a US Dahua camera from B&H. My eventual source is likely to be Andy. In regards to updating firmware between these models, is it generally possible to use the same firmwares between the US model ones and the ones Andy sells? ie: Could I load Andy's firmware on to this US N45DJ62 model or vice versa? Would just like to 'normalize' on the same firmware eventually if possible once I get more cameras in vs. having that one red-headed child...

Reaction score
One really should only update cam firmware if there is a real reason to do so, like a fix to something that is broken that you actually use. If you purchase fit-for-purpose cams, you will generally have a few or many different models. This would mean that you would have different firmware. I have 18 cams spread out over 10 models. This gives me many different firmware versions.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I purchased a US Dahua camera from B&H. My eventual source is likely to be Andy. In regards to updating firmware between these models, is it generally possible to use the same firmwares between the US model ones and the ones Andy sells? ie: Could I load Andy's firmware on to this US N45DJ62 model or vice versa? Would just like to 'normalize' on the same firmware eventually if possible once I get more cameras in vs. having that one red-headed child...
Generally speaking Yes unless the distributor has in some way altered the FW. Andy gets his FW updates directly from Dahua