Firmware_V5.5.800_210628

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
hi,
i just verified for DS-2CD2086G2IU camera if any update exists.
in Hikvision ivms-4200, they say it didn't, on site DS-2CD2086G2-I(U)tI founs an update called
"Firmware_V5.5.800_210628"
Well, I just download it, got some file with strange name "ee3f373b-cf05-4dfb-aa2b-5509c39206fd.zip", inside the archive I have "digicap.dav" reported 70.436.946 bytes by win 10.
Uploading the file to the camera by iVMS-4200 web interface fails to update the camera (the camera says the file is unmatched file type). They're amateurs?

So, what do you people think about this?

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
well, update
on ANOTHER hikvision site DS-2CD2026G2-I(U) they posted 2 updates for
"Firmware_V5.5.800_210628",
, got the first one, it started updating (the one withous "(C)")
result was positive, the update succeeded correctly
if any issues i'll keep you posted, for the moment, all appears ok (config was kept)

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
conclusion: it was't another site, it was google chrome with cookies issues, in my old tab i have one update file listed, in 2'nd tab i have 2 update files
so my apologies this time, next time, firefox ESR
btw, firefox esr never misses correct communication with hikvision webif, chrome gives all sort of abnormal network messages and you gotta clear cookies in order to login correctly

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
in fact, where you see what's new in the new fw? can't they put that next to the fw file like everybody else?

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
first bug: it doesn't save configurationData via webif login, as admin
[edit]rebooted the camera, now it saved, proposing no file name like before
i'll stop here, i can see that forum seems useless. the hikvisions, beside video quality respected, are clearly amateur products, i won't recommend them for anything professional
veni, vidi, vici for me...

Last edited:

chafedbm

n3wb
Reaction score
first bug: it doesn't save configurationData via webif login, as admin
[edit]rebooted the camera, now it saved, proposing no file name like before
i'll stop here, i can see that forum seems useless. the hikvisions, beside video quality respected, are clearly amateur products, i won't recommend them for anything professional
veni, vidi, vici for me...
Hey man I did a google search for that firmware version and your post was about the only thing that came up. I never could get the firmware, from that oddly named zip file, to flash. I kept getting the error "the file is unmatched file type ". That firmware version is not on the Hikvision Europe portal either.

I agree with you 100% about Hikvision showing a lack of prosfessionalism when it comes to their firmware updates. I think they fired all their quality control people or something. They remind me of a high school kid trying to turn in a project all half ass done....

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey man I did a google search for that firmware version and your post was about the only thing that came up. I never could get the firmware, from that oddly named zip file, to flash. I kept getting the error "the file is unmatched file type ". That firmware version is not on the Hikvision Europe portal either.

I agree with you 100% about Hikvision showing a lack of profesionalism when it comes to their firmware updates. I think they fired all their quality control people or something. They remind me of a high school kid trying to turn in a project all half ass done....
the firmware seems stable, but a bug like this (saving the config) for me, it's just "amateur" signature. a script like this should work on firefox/chrome 100%. when i was web designer, i tested in IE, firefox and opera at least the important stuff like this one.
anyway, firefox esr seems to be the only that works fine with those cams (if you want to download that fw, open the link DS-2CD2026G2-I(U) with esr.
on ipad, both hik-connect and ivms-4500 give me headaches, ivms never send notifications, hik-connect has liveview and playback important issues. like the hikvision fw/sw is done by first-year students with no experience.
btw, i can't acknowledge how can you screw so bad a linux fw.... i worked sysadmin for a robots company in france with xubuntu as distro for the robots, lots of packages for audio/video and almost 40 sensors on i2c/rs232 with corresponding sw for monitor/remote control and view, i never saw that amount of bugs...

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
on DS-2CD2086G2-I(U) they published officially that version 'Firmware_V5.5.800_210628' but 'Applied to: DS-2CD2086G2-IU(2.8mm)(C)'
since i don't want to downgrade for now, i'll leave the V5.5.800_210628 found for ds-2cd2020g2-iu and wait for them to throw out a new one
they didn't explain what the (C) is, i guess it's a new hw revision of the pcb, specific bootloader of something alike (maybe new fpga inside, i didn't checked if they use fpga or dsp or microcontroler as main brain in that camera)
besides the bug i already pointed, it's working like before, meaning mediocre
i don't have the nerves to reset and put in 5.5.160 build210416, last one on uk portal

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think (C) does indeed refer to a different hardware spec - likely due to board or chip shortage especially in light on the US restrictions on selling to them.

Would be good to get some idea of the hardware inside once I can get a look at one.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i remember i saw once that series disassembled, on youtube maybe
We know what's in a G2 camera (that uses IPC_G3 firmware), but not a G2 (C) camera (that uses IPC_G5 firmware).

It would be good to find out the differences so people who are buying are better informed and we know what they changed.

netnode

n3wb
Reaction score
I downloaded this firmware and it will not accept it?

Status

The type of upgrade file mismatches

The firmware is on this page for my cameras, any ideas as to why it doesn't work?

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unless your camera is type (C) either in the model name or on the box, you want IPC_G3 firmware instead of the IPC_G5 firmware they unhelpfully linked on the website.