First Hikvision NVR Set Up Problem: No recording

muise

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

I have just bought (well actually 6 months ago but it has been sat in the box since) a Hikvision 7608 NVR and 2 Hikvision Cameras ( 1 x 2CD2132 and 1 x 2CD2032).

I have plugged the cameras in and I can see the live stream for both cameras through the NVR.

I have a 2TB HDD in the NVR which shows up when I go to the HDD settings page and I have formatted it through the NVR interface.

The problem I have is that nothing is recording to the NVR. I can record locally to my PC by pressing record but I have a schedule set for motion detection all day every day but it has never recorded anything to the HDD.

Can anyone advise me on what to do or check?

Many thanks :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, what do the system logs say if anything around the 'Start motion detection' events?
And presumably the HDD settings show 'Normal' status and R/W mode?

muise

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I had managed to get recording by setting it to 'continuous' instead of motion detection but I now want to set it up for motion detection and when I do it doesn't record anymore. Any ideas or suggestions from anyone? It records fine under continuous and all I did was change the schedule to 'motion' and then select the motion area and now it records nothing. Thanks

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you tick the motion box in the camera and then set it up in the nvr ?

muise

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I feel a bit stupid but have sorted it. The default setting for sensitivity on my machine is 0 which doesn't pick up anything. As soon as I changed that it worked fine :) thanks all.