First time newb

Reaction score
You will need more than 2 cameras :) Can snap a picture from south corner of garage pointing towards front of house/street? Gotta see how dark it is out there.
For up close facial ID (this is why we all get cameras, isn't it?), the 2.8mm Dahua cameras only work 0-20'. I forget the DORI table at the moment, but running off my own experience. So if you run 2.8mm fixed Dahua camera at the northen end of your garage door... where you started the youtube video would be max distance of facial ID. Even less at night with the little lighting you may have. If you are fine with that, great. I wouldn't be. I would want a face shot of anyone coming off the road on the first step into my driveway.
North side of garage door closest to the road at corner of house: 6mm minimum fixed camera to concentrate of facial ID.
South side of garage door: 2.8 mm to catch wide FOV which would concentrate more on vehicles and someone walking around.
With the main pathway to your front door taken care of for facial ID, you can pick what you would like for front door concerns (porch pirates, doorbell ringers, etc). I'd still stick with a 2.8mm 5442 fixed at 6' height off ground besides your front door which will get facial ID of someone at front door and also to catch what's going on with backyard gate.
In regards to your backyard Black Forest with witches and bears. Does not look like any perp would make that a priority to sneak upto your property unless the perp was determined so I would go for a Dahua PTZ SD4 Series (via vendor Andy here with auto-tracking). This could be up on your roof 20'-30' as it's main concern would be to just catch what's going on.
Backyard gets it's own 2.8mm cause looks like small square footage.
Side yard would get 6mm because long.
Front yard gets 2.8mm.

Yep..more than 2 cameras if you wanted to do it right. It's always hard to determine 2.8mm or 6mm or 12mm for focal. This is why you get 1 varifocal to start...setup test poles at 6' and 10' height, daytime and then nighttime, using various zooms.
To make it simple, buy all varifocals :)