FIrst time using Hikvision cameras and I need some help.

Thomas B

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone, as the title states I am trying to install a hikvision camera for the first time and its not going well. I purchased a few DS-2CD3120f-l models off newegg. I suspect they may be chinese region cameras since that model does not appear on the Hikvision site or even in the documentation included with the camera. I used the included software to turn on dhcp and add the ip into blue iris.

Im getting an error in blue iris that says "error 8000007a check port/user/password" . The port info, name and password are all correct but I am still getting the error. I double verified the password when I saved it but I am now also unable to login to the web insterface of the camera. It says the account is locked and to try again in 30 minutes, but it has said this for a few hours.

I dont really know what to do from here outside contacting hikvision support. The cameras have firmware version 5.3.0 so I cannot reset the password using the tools on here, though I am sure the password is correct. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
You may have to do a hard reset to set it back to the default password.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision will not provide you with support. Easiest thing to do is reset the camera as mentioned. Make sure no other device is trying to log into the camera with the wrong password.

Thomas B

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. It turned out that the pw I set never took hold even though it said it saved. I left it alone for an hour and was able to login with the default pw.