Fish Cam - Underwater Camera Question

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thinking of installing a POE underwater cam to see my fish.

Found this one here.
Barlus Camera Amazon Cost $230 US shipped.

Aluminum alloy
2mp
2mm lens
White light and infrared

Front yard has a medium size Koi Pond, love my fishes! Has anyone ever done underwater POE system? I have a Dahua NVR.

Thank you

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had tought about it for my 280l fish tank. But I stopped realizing it. Several things were disappointing:
- fix focused ones has a higher minimum distance, depending on camera, but all of them are over 50cm and for my case this is too much.
- auto focus lens can get nearer, but where will you put the focus to? You cant get all of the picture sharp for near and far together
- ip68 is really needed. It must be a cam without mic. Most of the dahua cams are only ip67. No guarantee that they will work under water for hours or months
- keep the connector out of water and with electric self glue tape to keep it water proof.

Your example cam has 2m focus. This is unusable.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had tought about it for my 280l fish tank. But I stopped realizing it. Several things were disappointing:
- fix focused ones has a higher minimum distance, depending on camera, but all of them are over 50cm and for my case this is too much.
- auto focus lens can get nearer, but where will you put the focus to? You cant get all of the picture sharp for near and far together
- ip68 is really needed. It must be a cam without mic. Most of the dahua cams are only ip67. No guarantee that they will work under water for hours or months
- keep the connector out of water and with electric self glue tape to keep it water proof.

Your example cam has 2m focus. This is unusable.
Just throwing this out there without research or hard facts. But putting a camera underwater surely changes things like focus distances, focal length, field of view angles.