Fisheye Camera Question

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am looking to potentially add a fisheye camera inside of my garage instead of crisscrossing multiple cameras. After reading several threads/reviews (to include this thread by @looney2ns; Review- Dahua/EmpireTech IPC-EW5541-AS 5mp Fisheye Cam), I understand that BI does not have the capability to dewarp via live view. I also understand that at the time of the post, the camera GUI did not have the ability to transmit separate dewarped streams to BI. Have there been any updates, or are there any plans for dewarping to be a feature added in BI? I’m sure that’s a tall order to accommodate since I’m sure each fisheye camera may have its own set of nuances, but just thought I would ask. Worse case scenario, I will just have to utilize multiple cameras.
And my apologies if I placed this post in the wrong section. Since it was a hybrid question, I didn’t know whether to put in the Hardware or Blue Iris section.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to potentially add a fisheye camera inside of my garage instead of crisscrossing multiple cameras. After reading several threads/reviews (to include this thread by @looney2ns; Review- Dahua/EmpireTech IPC-EW5541-AS 5mp Fisheye Cam), I understand that BI does not have the capability to dewarp via live view. I also understand that at the time of the post, the camera GUI did not have the ability to transmit separate dewarped streams to BI. Have there been any updates, or are there any plans for dewarping to be a feature added in BI? I’m sure that’s a tall order to accommodate since I’m sure each fisheye camera may have its own set of nuances, but just thought I would ask. Worse case scenario, I will just have to utilize multiple cameras.
And my apologies if I placed this post in the wrong section. Since it was a hybrid question, I didn’t know whether to put in the Hardware or Blue Iris section.
You would need to ask BI support those questions.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@TonyR , if I am reading this correctly, it shows that the newer firmware can not only dewarp on board, it has the ability to transfer that dewarped image to any device such as an NVR. So, shouldn’t that allow me to now transfer that same view by adding it as a camera stream in BI?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR , if I am reading this correctly, it shows that the newer firmware can not only dewarp on board, it has the ability to transfer that dewarped image to any device such as an NVR. So, shouldn’t that allow me to now transfer that same view by adding it as a camera stream in BI?
I would think you could, since BI has streamed everything that I've ever thrown at it the last 8 years. Frankly, I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

Perhaps a PM to Andy of EmpireTech would reveal if there is, in fact, F/W for the specific fisheye cam you're considering that allows what's mentioned in the DahuaWiki.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe you should look into a camera that has the function built in. There is a company back about 5 years ago made a plugin for Hikvision's viewer. But over the years I see these types of cams are being made with the function in them (or at least claiming to).