Fisheye - DS-2CD6332FWD-I a no show in SADP>>

Shizzavip

n3wb
Reaction score
First post so if posted in wrong area please fee free to move to correct..

Let me start out by stating that I am no Jedi master but I do have a understanding to some degree of how the Hikvision ipcams work.. As a way to create a even better understanding, I will sometimes purchase Chinese bricks off of eBay to see if I can fix them or even possibly break them further.. All for the greater good of learning more..

This time around I have picked up two of the 3mp fisheye ipcams.. They came pre-bricked (lol) in brown boxes.. These two seem to be doing something I have not seen before, I can see them in wireshark doing the usual 64 looking for 128 which I thought was a very good sign, I can even use tftp to upload a new firmware to the cam but no matter which firmware I use it will not show up in mini mode and I have yet to be able to connect through the serial on the board.. I know that these were loaded with the hacked firmware as they arrived in brown boxes but I am just kind of stumped on why these two are being so secretive..

Even with the wrong firmware you should still be able to see something through the serial method, and I have (for fun) in the past even erased u-boot so it really does become a true brick and you will see nothing, so the fact that these two do call out for 128 and they do take firmware uploads lets me know that someone is still in there but I am kind of at a loss on what to try next.. I was really hoping that one of these would be a easy fix because I wanted to desolder the nand chip to try out my new nand reader/writer... Any thoughts?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just take the lid off and plug in the serial console connector and it will tell you all you need to know about why it doesn't like the firmware you uploaded.
Even with the wrong firmware you should still be able to see something through the serial method,
Agreed.

Shizzavip

n3wb
Reaction score
That's the strange part. I have and nothing comes up. I have tried all pins just in case. You only need power tx and rx right. Correct? This is all I have used in the past and I put together a little wire harness to make it simple as well.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You only need power tx and rx right.
No.
You need GND and Tx and Rx.
If you use Power instead of GND - you will offset the signal levels below 0v such that it will not work. And you might also damage something if there is a common Ground between the camera / psu and the PC.

Shizzavip

n3wb
Reaction score
My mistake, the connector I made was a copy off of someone else's they had made out of spare parts. I have lots of wires and connectors from analog cameras so this was no problem. I have never had a problem in the past using this so I will go back and double check to make sure I was doing correctly. Ty any thoughts on what to look out for during the boot process if I can see?

Shizzavip

n3wb
Reaction score
IMG_2612.JPG IMG_2611.JPG Ok so thank you again for pointing that out as you were correct and after going back looking at the notes I made the last time I messed with the serial side I was incorrect stated power and not ground. I think part of my problem was computer related as well. I have a few different laptops I use for testing or various projects and I noticed last night the one I had been using kept making the sound windows makes when new hardware has been detected over and over normally I have sound muted, no visual indications either looking into this further it was the cellular card and windows was adding and removing over and over I then noticed that it was no longer picking up my serial adapter either.

Switched to a new computer and first time it picked up the start of the boot process in uboot. But it would stop at loading ramdisk. I decided I would try and load a few different firmware to see. Most I tried would finish in error one indicated it was not the correct platform but one that I downloaded off the Europe site did in fact finish and stated completed I felt very good about this one but it unfortunately I'm still hanging on the loading ramdisk. This is kind of the point I'm stuck at. I was never much of a Linux person and have really just started to dive into it. I have posed a few pics of the tfpt screen and the end of the only successful firmware upload. Can you offer and suggestions as to why it hangs on the loading ramdisk? Thank you in advance for your help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Tip : With PuTTY you can copy a large screen rollback to the clipboard - top left menu.
On the forum you can make it easy for people to view if they wish lots of code using the CODE tags (available under the +).
You haven't shown the bootup sequence getting to the fail point.
You haven't said which firmware you have tried - which of these was it? HIKVISION EUROPE

Shizzavip

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it. Ty. Pretty sure it is 5.4.14. The most recent. I will double check on that that for 100% and I will also take the full image so you can see more of what I'm talking about but it's literally as soon as you connect the camera and it gives you the two or three seconds to hit control-u then tfpt new firmware otherwise it just hangs on loading ramdisk which is in very beginning so it doesn't get far at all maybe half dozen lines down. I will post back with both.

Shizzavip

n3wb
Reaction score
ok so while I did try 5.4.14 it was not the version I have a completed transfer.. below is the information..

I have copied the complete serial sessions for both the successful firmware update and the results after the update when trying to boot camera normally while watching through putty.. The firmware that I flashed which was successful is listed as

Baseline IPC_Fisheye series_En_V5.0.9 140612

Other version tried either failed or error out as not correct platform..

U-Boot 2.0.8-60298 (Dec 20 2013 - 16:00:12)

ARM Clock: 304MHz

DDR Clock: 528MHz

Cortex freq: 750MHz

Hit Ctrl+u to stop autoboot: 0

BusyBox v1.19.3 (2013-12-21 10:50:14 CST) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Formatting ...................................................................................................................................................................................................... done!

TFTP from server 192.0.0.128 ; our IP address is 192.0.0.64

Filename: 'digicap.dav'

Load address: 0xc0100000

#################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################[ INFO][MIN]BURN: File size is 19275485 bytes (18823 KB)

Flashing hImage to /dev/mtd9 OK

Flashing hImage to /dev/mtd10 OK

Flashing hroot.img to /dev/mtd11 OK

Flashing hroot.img to /dev/mtd12 OK

Flashing /dav/initrun.sh OK

Flashing /dav_sec/initrun.sh OK

Flashing /dav/HZK16.bin OK

Flashing /dav_sec/HZK16.bin OK

Flashing /dav/ASC16.bin OK

Flashing /dav_sec/ASC16.bin OK

Flashing /dav/certs.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav_sec/certs.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav/IEfile.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav_sec/IEfile.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav/execSystemCmd OK

Flashing /dav_sec/execSystemCmd OK

Flashing /dav/da_info OK

Flashing /dav_sec/da_info OK

Flashing /dav/pppd OK

Flashing /dav_sec/pppd OK

Flashing /dav/pppoe OK

Flashing /dav_sec/pppoe OK

Flashing /dav/pppoed OK

Flashing /dav_sec/pppoed OK

Flashing /dav/check_config OK

Flashing /dav_sec/check_config OK

Flashing /dav/alsa-lib.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav_sec/alsa-lib.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav/idsp.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav_sec/idsp.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav/t1 OK

Flashing /dav_sec/t1 OK

Flashing /dav/driver.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav_sec/driver.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav/cmemk.ko OK

Flashing /dav_sec/cmemk.ko OK

Flashing /dav/gdmak.ko OK

Flashing /dav_sec/gdmak.ko OK

Flashing /dav/recover_mtd OK

Flashing /dav_sec/recover_mtd OK

Flashing /dav/ptzCfg.bin OK

Flashing /dav_sec/ptzCfg.bin OK

Flashing /dav/davinci OK

Flashing /dav_sec/davinci OK

Flashing /dav/libsqlite3.so OK

Flashing /dav_sec/libsqlite3.so OK

Flashing /dav/libdewarp.so OK

Flashing /dav_sec/libdewarp.so OK

Flashing /dav/libasound.so OK

Flashing /dav_sec/libasound.so OK

Flashing /dav/ambarella_eth_debug.ko OK

Flashing /dav_sec/ambarella_eth_debug.ko OK

Flashing /dav/sound.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav_sec/sound.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav/davinci.tar.gz OK

Flashing /dav_sec/davinci.tar.gz OK

.................................................................................................................................................................................... done!

#

Once you restart the camera after the firmware update it just hangs on "load ramdisk"..

I am not really sure how to proceed from this point.. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Below is the copy/paste from U-Boot..

U-Boot 2.0.8-60298 (Dec 20 2013 - 16:00:12)

ARM Clock: 304MHz

DDR Clock: 528MHz

Cortex freq: 750MHz

Hit Ctrl+u to stop autoboot: 0

|RCV UDP pack timeout|

Unknown command:null

nand booting ...

load kernel...

load ramdisk...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There is usually MUCH more detail showing from the serial console during the bootup process.
I don't know if the lack of detail is normal for this camera.
Unfortunately there isn't anything useful showing above that might give a clue as to the cause of the problem.

Shizzavip

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree, which is why I have been trying to focus my efforts on the ramdisk issue and figure out how to move it past this point.