FIXED - Clip: Disk Not Ready / Check folder exists with adequate free space

singularity42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This issue all the sudden started about 3-4 days ago. BI has been running fine for about 8 years now, through 2 different Unraid systems. Now it will not record anything due to this issue, along with not recording snapshots due to: "Check folder exists with adequate free space"
There are 3 shares and it has this issue with all of them. 1 for Archived long term data, 1 for current live records, 1 for alerts/snapshots.

After checking half a dozen google links/threads, here is what Ive tried so far:
  • Repair DB
  • Make sure BI service isnt running
  • Verify there is plenty of space on share (5TB)
  • Unmounted share and remounted, then connected them back to BI
  • Deleted all videos, snapshots, alerts, rescan DB
  • Deleted all DBs, restarted BI
  • Rebooted BI
  • Shutdown entire Unraid array and rebooted
  • Made sure shares are writable and readable from within Windows
  • Ran chkdisk (no issues)
  • Rolled back to previous version of BI

Short of deleting the entire VM, or wiping the shares and recreating them, Im fresh out of ideas.. Any other suggestions?

Code:
Support data:
Version: Release 5.5.9.3 x64  (6/29/2022)
Service: No
Support: Extended
Expires: 11/25/2022 5:54:23 PM
WAN: redacted
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v3 @ 3.20GHz [4%]
RAM: 613.9M/15.9G
Clips: 0 items, 0B/4.98T
Storage: !! Z: -4.98T

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you do your read/write test logged in as the same user that you use to run the BI service?

singularity42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I completely deleted the shares and recreated them. No luck. Its like BI just can't read the disks correctly:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
strange. weird. frustrating to say the least.
I don't know where to start that you haven't been already.
Short of reinstalling Windows and BI.
What a pain that would be.
Do you have a Drive C:\ Image being backed up that you could revert to?

I'm running a free version of Macrium reflect on W-11 with a daily differential backup being written to a folder on my surveillance drive.
Once in a blue moon it makes me look organized :)......
I have saved the running image of Win10 for this PC should I need to revert if BI gets cynical with w-11.
It could be thats it's not a software issue. and a backup wouldn't help.
Hard to sort out.

singularity42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ya, its aggravating. Im going to probably just install a fresh Windows VM and BI. Hopefully the settings and camera exports maintain most everything I need.

singularity42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wiped all of BI5, reinstalled, same issue. Rebuilding VM is next on the list, I guess. No response from email support :(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You probably did this, but did you reformat the storage drives and assure that your computer recognizes them and are designated as a drive? It almost looks more like your system doesn't recognize them, so BI won't?

singularity42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You probably did this, but did you reformat the storage drives and assure that your computer recognizes them and are designated as a drive? It almost looks more like your system doesn't recognize them, so BI won't?
Its connected to a NAS, so the shares are spread over many drives. No other services or vms I run have any issues. I did attempt to delete the shares and create new ones, that didnt work either. When they were deleted, and remapped to the local Windows OS, I verified they are readable and writeable by the same user running BI (Administrator).

singularity42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Something new I figured out. If I create a new share, then map it up, BI recognizes it and can write to it for a very short period of time. Then it goes back to Unknown size and Clip: Disk Not Ready issues.

singularity42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I seem to have fixed it. Not sure why I have to do this now since its worked without this option for 7+ years.