fixed snapshot name that overwrites on ftp upload??

davolson

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a number of cameras that i have set up to send a fixed name snapshot via ftp to my ISP hosted webspace at a select interval. On all of my older cameras you could custom name the snapshot (mypic.jpg) and have it overwrite with each upload to the ftp server every few minutes. I need another cheaper camera or two, and have purchased an amcrest PTZ wireless, and a D link PTZ wireless both of which upload the jpg, but with an additional varying tag on the filename now mypic12345.jpg or similar with no option to overwrite, and therefore filling up my isp webspace, and NOT linkable on my web page that shows my cam snapshots. I contacted amcrest/foscam... nolonger an option, contacted d link, not an option on that camera.
Anybody have a lower cost PTZ that is still on the market that still does this? I want the cameras to do this from their native software, and not rely on a constantly running pc with blue iris or similar. I've sent back two cameras now, trying to scour manuals online, but having no luck. Thanks. Dave O