Flashback from 2012

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Can't believe these were my cams back in the day and I thought Dericam was the best at the time. :) Anyone still using any of these?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have 1 Dericam (night vision no longer comes on even though 5 of the IRs still do), 3 640x480 Foscams, 1 720p Foscam and 1 960p Foscam still in use. Had 5 640x480 Foscams until my latest purchases. Slowly but surely I'm weeding them out. I won't toss them until I can replace them...

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I actually had multiple of each of those. 2 Dericams, 3 Edimax, 3 Foscams and 1 Wanscam, ended up selling all of them.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I still have a couple of foscams hard wired in not so important spots.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My longest-installed (and therefore oldest remaining) cam is an Ubiquiti Aircam. It is 1280x720 with no night vision. I got it in October 2011!

It isn't really useful any more, but I leave it up anyway, like a historic building in old downtown, because it represents the past. ... Although that didn't do my old analog system any good!

These suckers came down ages ago.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a similar graveyard of oldies lying around here, some of which cost a small fortune in the day (PTZs). The oldest I still have in use are some Compro cube cams I now use as IP microphones since BI introduced the ability to use the audio from different cams. They've been given a new lease on life.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I still run 4 FOSCAM 18905 in areas I have yet to HIK over to new cams as I am just in transition. In my extreme weather those Foscams are bullet proof and so easy to add to any android software. The other thing I like about the bullet Foscam are the are so easy to see adn I assume crooks don't like cameras so even if I disable them I will probably leave them up.

I am still considering that Huisun mini PTZ 10x you rave about. Perhaps after they fix their firmware.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I usually keep cams for about a year, but some of these cams only lasted a few months. Hikvision, specifically 2432s have been in service the longest going over 2 years now. I see Huisun's going for as long, assuming they last.